because gak is on crack?

go with the guitarguitar one. It may be a slightly older version or something (the newer ones have a vintage 30 speaker stock), but even if you have to change the speaker, a vintage 30 is what, about £50-£60?

it might be ex-demo or NOS, too, sometimes guitar guitar blows stuff out cheap which is like that. I remember they did that a while back with laney tt amps (also nice amps). Would be worth emailing them to see for sure. But £1299 is way too much even if it's brand new and in pristine condition. You should be able to get one for much less than that from another shop, or failing that, if you can't, I'd look at a different amp because I don't believe the screamer is worth that much. It's good value (if you like the tone) at £649.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
because gak is on crack?

go with the guitarguitar one. It may be a slightly older version or something (the newer ones have a vintage 30 speaker stock), but even if you have to change the speaker, a vintage 30 is what, about £50-£60?

it might be ex-demo or NOS, too, sometimes guitar guitar blows stuff out cheap which is like that. I remember they did that a while back with laney tt amps (also nice amps). Would be worth emailing them to see for sure. But £1299 is way too much even if it's brand new and in pristine condition. You should be able to get one for much less than that from another shop, or failing that, if you can't, I'd look at a different amp because I don't believe the screamer is worth that much. It's good value (if you like the tone) at £649.

Thanks that was great. well basically iv been looking for a new amp for months now. I cant seem to find the right one for me. maybe you could help? it would be greatly appreciated if you do. I want something that i can practise with, but is loud enough to gig. My playing is quite versitile, i play bands like RHCP Van halen for example. Also i play alot of clean so it must have a clean channal, must be able to play metal, also i want a tube/valve amp.

Many thanks
Last edited by strings21 at Nov 8, 2009,
yeah, the screamer would work for that; it has a pretty bright and tight tone, though, which some people like and some don't. The laney tt i mentioned would work too, it has more of a warmer, british tone. it's gone up in price recently, too, unfortunately.

How much money are you willing to spend? If you're thinking around the £600 mark, then the screamer and laney tt would be worth considering (maybe marshall jvm too if you can find one cheap enough), but if you're willing to go up to the £1299 of the gak price for the screamer, there are probably better options...

EDIT: also, what's the heaviest stuff you play? And what's your current gear? if you already have a tube amp, for example, it might cover some of the genres you want giving you more options for the newer amp...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?