View poll results: Which guitar?
The Sg
8 33%
The Cort
13 54%
Other?
3 13%
Voters: 24.
Well in aprox. 2 months ill have enough cash to buy a decent guitar (like a little less than 700 euros)

So far my attention is mostly drawn to this:

a gibson sg special faded

Right after that:

a cort vx 4v

I also tried some rg's but the neck didnt felt good right away, though i could do some shred on them,

The gibson and the cort took some gettin used to as well

Im willing to take suggestions, doesnt have to be between these two

-I play mainly Melodic death metal, and shred EDIT: ofcourse i also play some classic heavy metal and other metulz when i feel like it.
-I dont care if it has a tremolo or not
-ideally the price must be under 670 euros if not a little above

EDIT: My amp sucks hard: its a marshall 15dfx, but ive got a boss me-50 hooked up to it so i can get decent sound with my current guitar .

Bands from which i like the tone:
At the gates, death, Carcass, arsis, Maiden,
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Last edited by Lobyte at Nov 9, 2009,
look into esp and prs guitars as well

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

They are both VERY different guitars.

I'd recommend looking into the LTD Viper series.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
For metal definitely the Cort. I'm not a big fan of them but that thing is HOT.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Playing Melodic Death Metal, I can safely assume you are gonna be using lowered tunings? Which means the shorter scale length on the SG is not going to be exactly ideal. Maybe check out guitars with a longer scale length than Gibson's

However if you are playing in standard or not far from it then just ignore me. SG's can be great guitars, just play the one you're gonna buy
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
-No shop i know has any esp models : /
-I normally play in d standard
-I dont like the viper that much, when i get an sg model, i want it to be an sg
-the reason im considering the sg is because i liked the sound and the feel, which is important with a guitar :P i know its less commonly used in metal than the cort but still

-and someone else gave my sick a 8.7/10 so shut up

EDIT: and thank you for the replies ofcourse
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Quote by jinjan29
Why would you be high fiveing Hitler? That stuff just isn't funny

Yes it is. You are just too uptight and butt-hurt.

Also that Cort looks sexy.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
Yes it is. You are just too uptight and butt-hurt.

Also that Cort looks sexy.

Thank you

And Yeah when i first saw it on the guitar stores webshop i felt like i was licking a rainbow
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
and still why are you high fiveing hitler?
until i have an idea NO SIG!
Gear:
Schecter c-1 Hellraiser
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Fender frontman 25r
Korg AX10G
Digitech Grunge
some old zoom muli effect

yes im a lefty
Quote by Chaos Inc.
and still why are you high fiveing hitler?

shock-comedic value??

keep on topic people
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Get the SG, seems like your heart is set on it. Btw I will be very jealous if you do get it
Quote by BobDetroit
Just tell me those aren't your sheets...

LMAO........Good spot..................Go on OP. Explain yourself please.
My own Cort would give you better than that one but its usually around £650 so just over your budget. I prefer the feel of an SG but that is personal. I did find a SG standard in my local shop at €750 but having had a '61 Custom and a '71 DeLuxe it was nothing special.
The Cort has EMG passives, which you may want to upgrade pretty soon, but its that bit cheaper so not too bad. You do get a lot more for your money with the Cort brand. Nice necks, too.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Unfortunate those arent my sheets, or else id own a cort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurcher
My own Cort would give you better than that one but its usually around £650 so just over your budget. I prefer the feel of an SG but that is personal. I did find a SG standard in my local shop at €750 but having had a '61 Custom and a '71 DeLuxe it was nothing special.
The Cort has EMG passives, which you may want to upgrade pretty soon, but its that bit cheaper so not too bad. You do get a lot more for your money with the Cort brand. Nice necks, too.

Interesting post!
the emgs arent that good?

Quote:
Get the SG, seems like your heart is set on it. Btw I will be very jealous if you do get it

Ever since i started playing guitar i pictured myself playing an sg indeed ah nostalgia, but times have changed

Also poll is added!
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
The passive EMGs just aren´t for everyone. People seem to call them far worse than they are in my opinion.
Quote by Vlasco
The passive EMGs just aren´t for everyone. People seem to call them far worse than they are in my opinion.

aha, i havent tried them yet since they only had the 2v in the shop, planning on doing a sound test in 2 weeks (When they get new ones)
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
change your sig, when somebody with an Israeli flag asks you why it's there you bloody well get rid of it you f*cking moron...then log off UG and spend some time reading up on the history of Europe 1933-1945.

Prick

[EDIT] sod it, reported so Carmel can get her teeth into him....
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by steven seagull
change your sig, when somebody with an Israeli flag asks you why it's there you bloody well get rid of it you f*cking moron...then log off UG and spend some time reading up on the history of Europe 1933-1945.

Prick

Sorry didnt notice th flag thing, didnt know it be that big of a deal
apoligies everyone
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Quote by steven seagull

Prick

Someone is a tattletale
yup, that's me

seriously though, there's no place for that kind of ill-educated crap in todays society - but it's gone now so everyone's happy again.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
yup, that's me

seriously though, there's no place for that kind of ill-educated crap in todays society - but it's gone now so everyone's happy again.

Yeah i appologize again, i am indeed a moron after thinking about it,
people around me make inappropiate jokes on a daily basis, i need to learn where the line is
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
My tip: If you aren't really really into whammy bars, don't get one. This is particularly important in lower to medium price range. Whammy bars make things much more difficult for tuning and string change. Not impossible, but more difficult.

I,personally, wouldn't get either one of these, but that's just me :P I personally love ESP's.
Quote by mpalin
My tip: If you aren't really really into whammy bars, don't get one. This is particularly important in lower to medium price range. Whammy bars make things much more difficult for tuning and string change. Not impossible, but more difficult.

I,personally, wouldn't get either one of these, but that's just me :P I personally love ESP's.

Ok, yeah ive been thinking about it and im kinda leaning toward the sg at the moment (since i dont need a whammy that bad),

Really sucks they dont have ESP's anywhere near me : /
only hear good stories about em
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Quote by Lobyte

Really sucks they dont have ESP's anywhere near me : /
only hear good stories about em

Have you considered ordering online? Like, from Thomann or something? I got my lovely ESP LTD M-1000 from Thomann, and I'm really happy I ordered it from there (it was even cheaper than getting it from my local ESP dealer)
Last edited by mpalin at Nov 10, 2009,
If you're on a sort of budget, and you play Death metal, my suggestion would be to get a high end Epiphone SG, and then use the extra money left over to upgrade the pickups in it to EMG or Seymour Duncan. Or you could get an Epiphone SG Prophecy EX or GX, they look amazing, and the EX model comes standard with EMG 81/85.

But if you're set on getting a Gibson, hey, you're going to do what you're going to do. That's what I would do in your situation given the genre you play.
- I can see your part of the cort thread
- I'd rather try things before i buy them, they do have some ltds: a ltd ax 400 , a ltd ec1000 , a ltd f 400 fm and a viper, i could try out their necks and then get one from the internet, but i'd rather play the guitar before i get it
- When i get the sg i want it to be the gibson, call me picky but mweh (good post though)
- aha
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips