overall?
the fender (i presume) has better quality everything
doesnt mean that the squier is bad but when you compare it to a 700 euro minimum guitar it makes a difference
Quote by '93
overall?
the fender (i presume) has better quality everything
doesnt mean that the squier is bad but when you compare it to a 700 euro minimum guitar it makes a difference

pretty much this

better body and neck wood, more reliable electronics, higher quality trem, ect...

I still love Squiers though
u can get some good squier's too. i wldnt go as far as to say that all fenders are neceserily betta just because of the name on the headstock. dont presume without trying them for yourself
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
Yea i was wondering this too but a little more specifically how would a squier tele match up with a mexican fender tele? I dont mind spending the money on a mexican but I just want to get the most for my money and if in a mexican your just paying for a name then ill save those 200 dollars and go with the squier so any body got any advice?
The squier affinity tele is good for the money. Nice feel, snappy and twangy like a tele should be.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SQU0303025
This however outplays, sounds better and is much sexier than any recently produced MIM standard fender i've played (Heard great things about the newest standards though.) Bit out of your price range, but you should be able to get one on eBay.

I have a '92 mim standard tele I got off ebay for £200, awesome guitar. Best neck i've felt on a standard. Face to face with the latest MIM's i've played it wipes the floor with them.
Last edited by beckyjc at Nov 9, 2009,