So I just recently bought King Diamond's Abigail on cassete (it was only a buck) and the second it started playing, I noticed it sounds higher in pitch and seems to play a LOT faster than the cd. They hardly even sound like the same recording. Do you think this is because of the age of the cassete or do you think it was purposely slowed down and lowered in pitch when it was remastered for the cd?
Could be a number of mechanical factors as well as the age of the tape. I don't think it had anything to do with mastering.
Hi, I'm Peter
It might have been changed for the CD, like on Kind of Blue, it was too sharp due to the machine, but on my CD of it they put it to how it should have been.

Or it might just be a dodgy tape
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Or maybe your cassette player just spins the tape too fast. Have you tried other cassettes?
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
Quote by migueltherocker
Or maybe your cassette player just spins the tape too fast. Have you tried other cassettes?

I HATE UR SIG! DEATH TO SOS!!!
the tape player speed is wrong, there might be a dial to adjust it somewhere
The tape player is wrong. Same thing happens with records, some things sound slower/lower or faster/higher on different machines.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....