Page 1 of 2
So guys, what's the most fun you've ever had at a concert/show?
Did you meet any of the bands, did you play a great show and had fun with the fans?
This is the thread to tell of your experiences.

The most fun I've ever had at a show was last night, in Allentown, PA, at the Croc Rock.
My friend's band was opening for Swashbuckle, Lazarus A.D., BlackGuard, and Ensiferum.

While the opening bands were on, my friends and I were just chilling with the bassist from BlackGuard. We went to a nearby pizza show and had a calizone with him.

All the bands had such energy, BlackGuard especially. So we invited the same guy and his keyboard player to smoke with us after they went on. That was a blast, and then I got to see Ensiferum, high as hell.

The bangover and headache are well worth it.

keep the thread going, guys.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Mayhem this year was ****in sick, All That Remains' show was annoying as hell because of all the 13 year olds however. Behemoth was amazing, Black Dahlia Murder, Cannibal Corpse, Slayer, KSE, Whitechapel among other bands.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
Mayhem this year was ****in sick, All That Remains' show was annoying as hell because of all the 13 year olds however. Behemoth was amazing, Black Dahlia Murder, Cannibal Corpse, Slayer, KSE, Whitechapel among other bands.

Yeah, I had fun at the one in Camden. I met TBDM. Them and Behemoth were amazing.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Last night for me too man, played my first show, twas incredible. It descended from folk tunes to fuzz rock to strobe light feedback trance. Me and my band had a blast, as well as the children in observance.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
I hate concerts, so the best one was probably any of them, where I was standing there bored as hell wanting to leave.
Hai 2 u
Pearl Jam at the Spectrum on 10-30-09. The crowd was amazing, they played some very rare songs, and they were in top form.
I squirted all the topless people at bloc party with my water pistol. RATM was probably most intense, Decemberists probably best.
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
Yeah, I had fun at the one in Camden. I met TBDM. Them and Behemoth were amazing.

Crazy, that's the one i went to

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by Roads5
I hate concerts, so the best one was probably any of them, where I was standing there bored as hell wanting to leave.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
All the shows were fantastic that I have seen

Roger Waters was awesome because of the energy and the power him and his band played the music.

Eric clapton was great because well it was Eric Clapton, I loved the set too. The one part that caught my mind was he segued "Layla" into "Cocaine", the last piano notes just going right into it.

The Australian Pink Floyd Show was something that I enjoyed because they played The Wall plus an encore of greatest hits, I was skeptical but than I went with my gut to buy the tickets.

Jeff Beck- I saw him at the house of blues in boston, one of the best things I have ever experienced. I was leaning right on the stage or well the guard rail around it, I was about 10 feet away from Beck. Joe Perry was up in the balcony watching Beck played and it was like he was staring down at me but he was actually staring at Beck lol. The only thing that pissed me off was the drunk douche screaming during "Cause we've ended as lovers" I was hoping my dad was gonna beat him up.

Chickenfoot- was good, not the best but the energy was high. I loved it when Mike anthony brought out the jack daniels bottle bass. I didn't like Hagar until after that night.

I'm also seeing Lynyrd Skynyrd on Nov.19th.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
This is so hard.
Bad Religion in Dublin was a gas 'cos there was cheap stuff going around and everyone there was off their t*ts. Almost wrecked the car on the way home, too.
But another crazy night was waaaaaay back in about '69 when The Move were recording a live EP at the Marquee Club. I was surrounded by a couple of hundred girls all dancing and writhing around in the crush. It was horrible. Really it was
Then there was Weeley festival and the White Lightening was good. Came into the field on Saturday night and discovered Barclay James Harvest and their light show.
Or the time, again in the Marquee, when I was in the dressing room, sharing a smoke with The Gods, and Joe Konas and Ken Hensley suggested we all go down the Kings Head for a pint before their set.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I've enjoyed pretty much every show I've been to, but my favorite has to be a tie between:

DanceRAWRdance (Family Force 5, Breathe Carolina, Cash Cash)
Escape the Fate
Scream the Prayer (For Today, Haste the Day, The Chariot, Sleeping Giant)

mainly because of the huge amount of friends that went to it. Usually when I go to shows, it's by myself or with like one friend that I get separated from in the pit and don't see them until like the end of the show :/
^No. Just...no Family Force 5 and all the others are sooooo gay

Anyway, the only two concerts I've been to is a Racounteurs concert where, because I couldn't get tickets so I had to stand behind the barrier they put up (outdoor concert). That was cool, except the stupid police wouldn't leave us alone. The other concert was by the Travis Larson band. They played at a Sam Ash down near Ohio State. They were awesome, look them up sometime.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
I saw cKy, ASG, and Graveyard a few months ago in Boston. It was amazing. An incredibly drunk guy accidentally started a mosh pit because he couldn't stand up, and after the show I talked to the guitarist from Graveyard, met Deron Miller of cKy, got my band's shirt signed by him, and got a picture with him to add to my collection of pictures with me and famous people. My shoes were filled with spilled beer by the end but it was entirely worth it.

The second best one was a free outdoor show at a city festival. The lineup was some random psychadelic blues band, a god-awful Christian rock band, and Recycled Percussion, who were also terrible. The crowd was huge though, and I lost my mosh pit virginity here to a Wall Of Death during the Christian rock band's set. Then when Recycled Percussion, the main act, came on, the rent-a-cops started breaking up the pits. Two pits, large by themselves, broke out and promptly fused into a huge one, and we ended up having to punch our way through security to avoid getting arrested. There were so many people fighting the security guys that they had no way of knowing who was punching them.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Last edited by pitobodies at Nov 8, 2009,
Quote by afterthewar
^No. Just...no Family Force 5 and all the others are sooooo gay

Anyway, the only two concerts I've been to is a Racounteurs concert where, because I couldn't get tickets so I had to stand behind the barrier they put up (outdoor concert). That was cool, except the stupid police wouldn't leave us alone. The other concert was by the Travis Larson band. They played at a Sam Ash down near Ohio State. They were awesome, look them up sometime.

Get your head out off your elitist ass and realize people have different tastes and music.
I took my girlfriend to see the pianist Ludovico Einaudi about two weeks ago; it was a beautiful evening. Totally different to my usual gig experience, I was sat down, I was sober, it was classical music, but it was absolutely wonderful.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
At a Pillar show, oddly. Well..they headlined at least...it was a festival-type thing.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit

Get your head out off your elitist ass and realize people have different tastes and music.

Valid point, but in my opinion they're gay Christian white boys who think they can rap
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
The most fun I've had was probably when my band supported Trivium last December. We played to one of our biggest crowds to date, got a better reaction than the tour support band and got to meet them afterwards. They were all nice guys, except for Travis Smith who seemed pretty annoyed at having to meet his own fans. Got my albums signed too, so I had a great time. Check my band out if you like, there's a link in my sig
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dead Serios, my friend's dad's band. Giant double sided dildos, smashing phones with cinder blocks, and a giant Mr. PotatoHead that blows up. Not to mention all of the drunk people. Good times.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
Dead Serios, my friend's dad's band. Giant double sided dildos, smashing phones with cinder blocks, and a giant Mr. PotatoHead that blows up. Not to mention all of the drunk people. Good times.

Damn your friend's dad is a beast
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
I'd have to say the most FUN show was Anamanaguchi, I danced a lot and it was totally awesome. Best show is either Anamanaguchi or Children of Bodom.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Big gigs are good, like Foo Fighters at Wembley Stadium or Reading fest, but small gigs are also incredible like Passion Pit at KOKO or Reel Big Fish at The Pitz.
Quote by afterthewar
Valid point, but in my opinion they're gay Christian white boys who think they can rap

You really think they take it seriously?

Quote by filthandfury
Big gigs are good, like Foo Fighters at Wembley Stadium or Reading fest, but small gigs are also incredible like Passion Pit at KOKO or Reel Big Fish at The Pitz.

Small venues are the best! They're just so much more personal than bigger shows.

One of the shows I went to this past August was just like that. The venue must have been like a ridiculously small town hall at one point way back, as it was just one room that was maybe 50ft by 75ft, and the stage was just a raised platform maybe a foot higher in a school-theater-esk look. There were about 50 people there and it was freaking awesome.
Last edited by Okeefe Is Legit at Nov 8, 2009,
Well, i am not sure about music concerts as i have been to quite a few, but i saw Dylan Moran yesterday, it was the first comedy show i have ever been to, and i didn't stop laughing, we were pretty close to him as well, it was incredible fun, i never used to see the point in going to comedy shows, when you could just watch it on DVD, but it seems more intimate when you are watching it and alot more funny.

EDIT: Oh, and various gigs i have performed at, i try not to balance it between having a laugh, both with the band and the audience, and playing good tunes.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Nov 8, 2009,
Probably was the time I played a few songs with a local band (my dad knows the guitarist).

PS- TS, is your friend named Tyler, and does he go to Scanton High.
Skip the username, call me Billy
The most fun I've had was when Children of Bodom played "Are You Dead Yet?" It was me in this huge crush of people and all of us were just screaming along. Just thinking of it makes me beam
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
I had a blast at the scream the prayer tour this year. I had a killer ear infection, but I caught part of a drumstick from the chariot. + i got the mic jesture from them

children 18:3, the classic crime, and the showdown were all great small gigs this year

And don't hate me, but i loved family force five live. LOVED it

Best gig ever was probably the first time i saw inhale/exhale live. It wsa in a small room, no stage, like 50 kids, and it was amazing. I was practically going crazy next to them. I got to meet them too. Awesome stuff. And the band that opened for them, Hope For The Dying, killed it. INCREDIBLE guitarists. I had to leave before war of ages though
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
When I went to Megadeth, Down and Heaven and Hell it was wild.

Amazing mosh pits. I got knocked over and got picked up, no one was trying to injure. My buddy (huge guy) took our other smaller friend and used him as a human shield, which was ufnny as hell.

We got really into the concert and everyone played amazing.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Black crusade on the day of my 18th birthday, Arch Enemy, Trivium, and Machine Head, was incredible. The crowd was so nuts!

Also Heaven Shall burn was really impressive when i saw them support Trivium earlier this year, also got to meet the guitarist.

I saw Divine Heresy about a year ago, when they still had Tommy singing for them, and honestly, he is one of the best front men i have ever seen. He was so incredibly energetic, he was headbutting speakers and shit. Halfway through a song, he ran behind stage, grabbed a table, ripped the legs off and through it into the crowd, then proceeded to jump on it and surf around while singing Failed Creation. I'd never even heard of Divine Heresy until then, but god damn Tommy kicked my ass.

Unearth was pretty good at soundwave to, the drummer is such a cool guy, he ended up giving my buddy a signed drumstick after the show, pretty awesome.
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
Best show I've seen was The Chariot.
Most fun show I've ever been to was Oceano, For Today, Stick to Your Guns, and Evergreen Terrace, just for the amount of energy in the crowd that night.
ಠ_ಠ
most fun I ever had at a show? probably when I saw the "funky jah punkys" the first time. They're some band out of las vegas that tours the west coast. First there was a local basnd that played that I really liked, then the touring opener (or whatever you'd call them) the melodramatics were awesome, I listen to their CD all the time now. And the FJP came out with such awesome energy, They have this little guy for a frontman like 5'5" and he just goes everywhere. He would stand on the barrier right on top of the crowd and sing. And the guitarist walked out and had some random people play te guitar while they messed with effects. It finnaly ended up with like 15 of us on stage with them during the encore. It was amazing.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Page 1 of 2