So I recently started running Windows 7 on my computer, only to find that the Mackie Onyx Satellite doesn't work with it, with little hope that it ever will. As such, I'm looking to replace it. I found the Line 6 Pod Studio UX1 and I was wondering if anyone knows if it for sure works with Windows 7.
you can download Virtual-PC from Microsoft and actually run XP in a Virtual environment WITHIN Win 7 for compatibility with older hardware, etc., I'm told it works slick. EVERYONE is scrambling to update their drivers, etc - meanwhile you could run the Virtual PC thing until Mackie HOPEFULLY updates the drivers, etc.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Yeah, I've heard about that being really good, but you have to have Professional or better to run it. I've only got Home Premium so I'm out of luck there (don't want to pay $100 to upgrade to it), which is why I'm having to get an interface that will simply work with Windows 7. I don't have much hope for the Satellite because I've heard Mackie is slow to update drivers (supposedly Vista barely works with it) and, its been recently discontinued I think.
Well the problem is that I can't even install the drivers so I can't run it in compatibility mode, so I can't really do any sort of work around to it. So, does the Pod run in Windows 7 or will I run into the same problem?
Quote by sumguy67
Yeah, I've heard about that being really good, but you have to have Professional or better to run it. I've only got Home Premium so I'm out of luck there (don't want to pay $100 to upgrade to it), which is why I'm having to get an interface that will simply work with Windows 7. I don't have much hope for the Satellite because I've heard Mackie is slow to update drivers (supposedly Vista barely works with it) and, its been recently discontinued I think.

Line 6 is not much better, if at all, they're not supporting windows 7 at all yet, and if you're wanting to use 64bit (because lets face it - it's about time we start using the function they've been flagging on pcs for the last half decade) then the chances are it won't work at all.
Well that's disappointing, I'm using 64 bit. Ha. So what would you recommend I buy/do?