hey im not trying to become a good singer or anything like that, i just wrote a song for my girlfriend and want to be able to play and sing it to her without sounding terrible. i have a low, monotonous voice and just want to make it passable. any tips? thanks
Lessons?

Multiple takes and then comp together a final vocal from all the bits and pieces?

Given your description, you might be best going with (a.)

Or maybe record the guitar part and stuff, and get someone else to sing it?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I would suggest going over some simple small range exercises. Going from Do to Sol on "e" as in tea or "o" as in over. Raising and lowering these exercises by a half step until they start to feel strained in either direction. When learning to sing on your own, everything you practice should be relaxed and easy, never strained or forced. I would also recommend working on breath support. In my experience, even for the worst singers out there, if you write a song from your heart for a girl you really like, she'll love you singing it poorly way more than even the best singer in the world singing for her.
Quote by JacKofAces91
In my experience, even for the worst singers out there, if you write a song from your heart for a girl you really like, she'll love you singing it poorly way more than even the best singer in the world singing for her.

This is true. Good call.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Well, one thing that helps greatly with singing is ear training. Learn what the different intervals sound like. All 1-8 (or more if you really feel like it, but 9=2, 11=4, etc.). Learn what they sound like and learn to create that similar sound with your voice. Also, learning what a C in your range sounds like (so you can almost sing it from memory, or get pretty close to it).

But yes, a lot of girls will like it generally if you write a song for them, no matter how bad you sing it. You'll probably sing it better than someone who isn't a musician.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Maybe record yourself singing so we know what you need help on
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.