my friend wants to buy his first tube amp and he has already tried out a dual rec, which he loves. but now he's also interested in a vht g-100-cl pittbull head, which he can't really try out anywhere here (as far as i know).

so can anybody help me out and tell me what the main differences are?
If I was Him, I would buy the rectifier... seeing as he really liked it when he used it.
with either amp, he'd be buying it for its high-gain abilities. he likes screamo and post-hardcore kind of stuff...
Quote by MetalGuitarest
buy the mesa.. no doubt just tell him to buy it.. lots of screamo bands use mesa or marshall... and peavey

Have you ever played a VHT Pittbull?
They are opposites.

The Mesa is loose and saturated, while the VHT is very tight and dry.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by MetalGuitarest
buy the mesa.. no doubt just tell him to buy it.. lots of screamo bands use mesa or marshall... and peavey

well, one of his favorite band's guitarists plays through a pittbull, which is why he was interested in the first place. he also likes that vht's aren't nearly as common as mesas... so yeah.

if anybody has anything to say about these amps, please let me know. thanks.
Quote by work sucks
well, one of his favorite band's guitarists plays through a pittbull, which is why he was interested in the first place. he also likes that vht's aren't nearly as common as mesas... so yeah.

if anybody has anything to say about these amps, please let me know. thanks.

Is he a clean player? With VHTs, every mistake you make will stand out and will easily be heard. This could be a great thing if he's trying to improve his technique though
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

My VHT is indeed tight dry organic and super responsive. I love it. Some guys hate it, but for the same reasons. Sounds like nothing else out there. Make sure you try one before you buy one.
Maybe tell him to have a look at a peavey 5150/6505?

I wasn't a fan of the recto when i tried one out but i've never tried a VHT. I hear they are VERY VERY VERY dry and show all of your mistakes, like no.mop was saying.
Top lel.
Quote by BobDetroit
My VHT is indeed tight dry organic and super responsive. I love it. Some guys hate it, but for the same reasons. Sounds like nothing else out there. Make sure you try one before you buy one.

Exactly. VHTs are quite unique sounding amps and you either love it or hate it.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Fryette's/VHT's are some of the best amps ever made. Seriously, if he has a chance of getting a 100/CL or a Dual Recto he should definitely get the VHT. He should try and play them both if possible, but I think he'll fall in love with the 100/CL easily.

My Pitbull was an amazing amp, I plan another in the near future.