Well i've been playing then I decided to bend the neck to do some kind of whammy.

What are the dangers?, and if its okay to do this any things I shouldn't do?

Edit:
The guitar Is the cort

-mahogany body, maple top
-set neck
-Neck:Mahogany,White binding, rosewood, C shape.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Last edited by vinnie-watt5 at Nov 8, 2009,
If you bend too aggressively you could damage the neck or work the joint loose. As long as you don't get crazy it's fine.
the only real dangers are that the neck could become damaged, but it was said hendrix actually bent his neck when bending, but it never broke atleast untill he smashed his guitar
If it's a maple neck, you'll be fine no matter what you do. Brad Paisley bends his neck all the time and very aggressively, and his maple neck is fine each time. Mohagony, or other softer woods like basswood, are less durable. Slash broke his neck bending too much. If your neck is softer, you can do it, just be careful and tender.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Slash has an 87 Les Paul that's neck has broken three times. I've heard it broke from bending the neck but I'm not for certain.
don't bend it too hard and it should be fine. If you really want some range, get a whammy bar
Typically an a ok on bolt ons but a big no no on set necks.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
^as long as you dont go to aggresive, it doesn't really matter...
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Quote by ibanez87
Slash has an 87 Les Paul that's neck has broken three times. I've heard it broke from bending the neck but I'm not for certain.
don't bend it too hard and it should be fine. If you really want some range, get a whammy bar

He said in an interview that it was from bending the neck to far. One time a piece of the neck pierced his bottom lip.
Like everyone said light bending is fine. but anything more than a whole step imo you are just being an idiot.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.