Was it worth it? I'm thinking of buying an acoustic bass. I find myself sometimes going with the bass instead of the guitar when listening to music.

So should I?

sorry for the short thread but I don't got much to say.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Like everybody so far has said, it's hard to get a decent cheap acoustic bass. You're better off with getting an electric. I also suggest unless you absolutely have to don't sell your electric guitar or "make the switch" as put it. There's nothing that says you have to focus on one instrument.
I'm only thinking of acoustic because i'm too cheap to buy an amp.

So I will get an at least $300 bass. Good enough?
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
As a guitarist who like to mess around with bass on the side, I say go for it. Bass is fun to play. It's got a whole different feel and dynamic to it. You'll most likely start out playing bass like a guitar, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but that will force you to relearn how you play music in general and in the end you will be better at both.

my two cents...

alsi I know nothing about acoustic basses, but you can get a pretty good electric bass and a small practice amp for not much more than your $300 if your willing to save a bit more.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Nov 8, 2009,
Quote by vinnie-watt5
So I will get an at least $300 bass. Good enough?

For $300 you could get a Squier (not a piece of crap brand as it is in the guitar world), or an Ibanez GSR200 and a good practice amp. Your probably better going with something like that over an acoustic bass.
Also, remember that the bass is a different instrument that just looks similar to a guitar, try it first, and remember its going to take a good deal of time and effort to adjust.

EDIT: sorry, that last part came out wrong. Trying to say, a bass is a different beast, it is most definitely not a 4 string guitar, it just happens to look like one. Therefore, treat it as if you are learning a completely different instrument.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Last edited by Tostitos at Nov 8, 2009,
Quote by Casketcreep
A bass is not a four string guitar.

If that's in response to my very poorly worded statement above, post edited
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass