Recently bought an Ibanez that came equipped with the Edge III bridge system. Well, i was replacing strings and my wrench fell behind the float and got caught between that and the body. The end of the bridge dropped because of massive spring tension and the float dropped onto the wrench and something popped. Any ideas as to what may have happened to it? It appears severed and slightly out of place. Also having problems float height, string replacement, and configuring a good set-up for the bridge. Any and all input will help.
Last edited by vagabond518 at Nov 8, 2009,
what appears severed?

There's no "float" on any kind of Floyd Rose (the Edge three, for all intents and purposes, is a Floyd Rose).

Do you mean the string lock screws or the fine tuners?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
it`s probably come off the knife edge, take it to a experienced tech, the bridge will need removing and reinstalling if it has.

and did you have to do the entire post in bold text, it made it hard to read `cos i couldn`t focus......grr
the wrench fell behind the fine tuners and the thing dropped, snapping and severing somewhere along the left side if you look from the bridge up.
ok , well something snapped

bring it to a proffesional
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o