Alright my blues custom is jacked up and Im trying to get it fixed but right now the tech thats looked at it says prospects arnt so good. SO. Im going to give all the UG required fields and Im going to ask all the users at gear and accesories to find me an amp. First is my budget. Im willing to spend $1500 and I am gigging and the gigs range from House Partys to theater type gigs (of tops like 3,000 people) Combo or half stack dosent really matter to me seeing as there is plenty of room for either in my truck. I run with pedals so a clean is desired but if there is a good dirty channel amp that you all have in mind please let me know (its hard finding an overdrive Im satisfied with. The last thing is I play in a two peice blues band alot like the black keys. However I also play many different forms of music so it will probably be easier to tell you some bands I play.
The Black Keys
The Raconteurs
Zeppelin
Johnny Winter
Cream
CCR
My Morning Jacket
Sabbath
John Mayall
The Royal Bangs
Peter Green
The Allman Bros band
Frampton (humble pie)

I guess easiest to say is alot of classic rock/blues/indie rock tones. Im Not intrested in Metal so we can skip that. The heaviest I would get would probably be some modern pop stuff. So far Im pretty set on a Twin but I decided to make the thread to see if there is anything I have happened to miss. Thanks UG. Maybe you can put me in a better mood.
If love was money I could afford you honey.

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
Based on your tastes, a Marshall/Marshall-based amp is really your best bet.
50w Marshall JMP with MV and 4x12 greenback cab would get most those tones pretty well. The cleans are not the fender type, but most of the bands you listed are not Fender type cleans either.
im thinkin maybe the marshall 1987xl. Its the 50 watt plexi reissue. the series right after the JTMs. the only problem I have with that is it hasnt reverb Im a reverb *****

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
get a bass spec 1986 over the 1987. It will get you closer to the bands you want.
do they make one? i looked under guitar amps i guess is why

you can find clones of them, look at Ceriatone, great amps for great prices, all handwired, ptp (better than Marshall reissues which use cheap components and cheap PCB), they're very popular around these boards.
Why does your tech think the blues custom is toast?

I'd get a second opinion, that's a decent amp.

But if it's time to go amp shopping, I get it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Let's hope your current amp can be salvaged first. But if not, with your mix of bands, I'd have a good look at Hiwatt HG50 combo as a good value alternative to a Twin.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I'd recommend the Ceriatone '20W Lead and Bass' or '18W TMB' (2061x and 1974x clones, respectively).

That'll leave you with $300 or so to pick up a cab - an Avatar Vintage 1x12 or 2x12 would be ideal.
Quote by The3rdMugician
Combo or half stack dosent really matter to me seeing as there is plenty of room for either in my truck.
Fender Super Reverb.
Not as much power as a Twin, but the 4-10s sound lovely.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Orange Rocker 30 head. Amazing head. Get it. I love mine and I'm sure you would love it too
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard (modded)
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 2x12 Cabinet
Vader 2x15 Cabinet
Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
ISP Decimator Suppressor
D'Addario Strings
Dunlop Picks
The twin is a good choice. Make sure you choose the twin for you, though, because they've got like a million different types (silverface/blackface, twin reverb, vibroverb, some other stuff), so try before you buy.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Yea iv thought about a Bassman reissue as well. I am making sure the amp can be salvaged first. im going to a tech in nashville this weekend. but Im thinking the twin maybreak up a little late. The super's fourty watts may kick jus the ass I need. lol. Iv looked at a rockerverb 50 as well. any thoughts?

I really like supers. Duane allman used supers in his studio days. Jack white uses one with the raconteurs as well. alot of people dont know that. lol

Really? That's interesting. Abandoned his Silvertones for that project, I guess....It does sound a lot more refined than the Stripes, so it makes sense.

You can find the Superdrive 18s within your budget, just didn't think it had enough clean headroom for ya.

EDIT: Waaaait. You were referring to the Super Reverb.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Nov 9, 2009,
what kind of Duane tone are you looking for? He used Fenders in the studio but he used Marshalls with JBLs live and most people who want his sound want his Live at Fillmore East tone.
if you could find one locally to try out I strongly suggest that you try out a Palomino v50. Crate Vintage Clubs also may fit that descrotion. If you are willing to have all your dirt from pedals you could go with a Rolan JC-120.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by forsaknazrael
Really? That's interesting. Abandoned his Silvertones for that project, I guess....It does sound a lot more refined than the Stripes, so it makes sense.

You can find the Superdrive 18s within your budget, just didn't think it had enough clean headroom for ya.

EDIT: Waaaait. You were referring to the Super Reverb.

naw he still uses the silvertones. he jus uses 1 twin, 1 super and 1 silvertone. its all molded togeather.

I read the skydog book about allman so i knew he used fender guitars and amps in studio. a tele with a strat neck and a strat to be precise. but yes i love his thick live tones. he used les pauls and sgs through the 50 watt bass plexis right?