Okay heres the basic sitiuation, I've been playing guitar for quite abit now and I've been getting into Classical Music and Everything is in SHEET MUSIC! I play Violin and I can read it, I know the notes and everything but when I try and apply to guitar Instant shut down takes me minutes and I'm sick of making a tab for one piecie thats 30 pages!

So I want you guys to recommend me a book that'll teach me how to read and apply sheet music to my guitar. It would be helpiful if it used tabs! Very helpiful but I need a book that'll teach me to read sheet music!

I Don't care if it has simple things such as learning 8th notes and 16th and so on but as long as it teachs me to apply sheet music to my guitar and eventually after abit be able to sight read.
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Quote by YA89
Berklee's Modern Method for guitar. Cover all three volumes.

Thank you! Hopifully with this i can move to the next level with my playing.
If you can read standard notation on violin, it shouldn't take you that much longer to apply it to guitar. Try and play some of your beginner violin pieces on guitar, and think of it just like you would've when learning violin, only on a different instrument - think where the note is, not numbers and strings. It should be easier than learning on a violin, because you don't have to worry about intonation. Do not make tabs if you want to improve your sight reading. Just practice it slowly, and it will come.
Quote by isaac_bandits
If you can read standard notation on violin, it shouldn't take you that much longer to apply it to guitar. Try and play some of your beginner violin pieces on guitar, and think of it just like you would've when learning violin, only on a different instrument - think where the note is, not numbers and strings. It should be easier than learning on a violin, because you don't have to worry about intonation. Do not make tabs if you want to improve your sight reading. Just practice it slowly, and it will come.

I been doing that, it helps, Its just i needed something abit more since my violin sheet music focuses more on Higher up notes like High E and up, so it was getting annoyying learning that and not the other notes
Quote by Xter
I been doing that, it helps, Its just i needed something abit more since my violin sheet music focuses more on Higher up notes like High E and up, so it was getting annoyying learning that and not the other notes

Guitar's typically play music an octave lower than written. Maybe try getting PVG books and playing the vocal part on guitar?
Quote by isaac_bandits
Guitar's typically play music an octave lower than written. Maybe try getting PVG books and playing the vocal part on guitar?

I use the Berklee's Modern Guitar Volume Set. I toke the guys suggestion that first posted and the book helps alot, so im good at the moment.

Thank you for the advice =]