Not sure if this is the right thread or not. My band is in dire need of a quality PA system. The problem is we don't know anything about them, and we don't have much money. We are able to go to about 500 right now. http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Phonic-Powerpod-410-S710-PA-Package?sku=630485 is what we are currently using. Its not much, but it works for practice. Now that we are getting shows, we need something a little bit better. This is what I have been checking out, but I don't know anything about PA's so I don't know what to look for. Any help will be appreciated very much. If its any difference our band consists of drums, bass, one guitar, and lead vocals with one person doing back up vocals. Don't know if this makes a difference just adding information.

Thanks in advance.
Is there a part of that system you already have that would be worth saving? Speakers / mixer?
If so you can put more money where it's needed.
Also I didn't really check but what wattage is that?
What's the total wattage of your band?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

The speakers are probably the only thing worth keeping, but we probably need more speakers for monitors. The mixer we have currently isn't much at all. I'm not sure of the wattage of our band. My amp is 40 watt Blues Deluxe, the bass player's is I wanna say is 100. The mixer we have now is 4 channel 100 watt. Our singer thinks we just need a new mixer and some more speakers, but we don't know a whole lot about this stuff.
Last edited by Stratman54 at Nov 8, 2009,
When you say 500, do you mean Pounds, Euros or U.S. Dollars? Fender makes some inexpensive portable PA systems that sound good.