So I've got my Squier Bullet Strat but I never play the thing anymore but I figure it'd be cool to hang up! So how can I hang this thing on my wall? I don't want to buy anything though so what do you suggest?

Thanks
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
I'd suggest buying a wall mount, but if you're intent on doing this, there are a variety of things you can do, most of them involving screws and foam.

I'd suggest hanging it horizontally, so that there's less weight on each nail.
Put your guitar on the wall, and make marks on the wall along several parts of the guitar, I'd suggest the lower recess, between the bottom horn and the neck, along the neck, at the headstock, and at the upper horn.
Drive several nails into the wall where you made the marks. Preferably, they should be about 2 inches after being driven into the wall (so maybe a 4 inch nail or something, I don't know about the logistics of this).
Wrap the nails in foam so they don't scratch up the guitar.

That should work.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Tape, lots and lots of tape or you can not be lazy and stingy and buy a proper wall mounted guitar hangar but that's just me.
Quote by colt34
I don't want to buy anything though so what do you suggest?

Thanks

wow. really?

like said, duct tape, a lot of crazy glue, have the chick from the fantastic 4 hold it in place with her mind, fishing line from a hook, gum, sticky-tac, peanut butter, dried vomit...

maybe you can hire a guy to hold it in place for like .50c an hour.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
wow. really?

like said, duct tape, a lot of crazy glue, have the chick from the fantastic 4 hold it in place with her mind, fishing line from a hook, gum, sticky-tac, peanut butter, dried vomit...

maybe you can hire a guy to hold it in place for like .50c an hour.

Listen to this advice and I demand pics of the results.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

just spit one time on the wall and one time on the guitar and put it on the wall.
this is what i did to my les paul in 2006. its been there ever since.
Why reinvent the wheel? Commercial wall hangers start around $12 and go from there.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by colt34
So how can I hang this thing on my wall? I don't want to buy anything though so what do you suggest?
Just take a really long screw, drill a hole in the headstock, then drill the screw through the hole into the wall.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I like to get creative. I line my wall with flypaper and then chuck my guitars onto it. So far I'm pretty happy with the results. Very modern...
for a real hillbilly hanger wrap your guitar in chicken wire and put some nails on the wall and then you hang it(spit wouldn't hurt either)...then u gout a perty lil geetar hangrr right there
GIT R DONE
You want creative?

1) Knock out the walls in the space between the joists from about 3.5' off the ground up. Do this for each guitar.

2) Buy nice, velvet lined, form-fitting guitar cases for each guitar and take their lids off.

3) Rebuild the space you knocked out by incorporating the dissembled, topless form-fitting, lined guitar cases into them. Build up, texture and paint the rebuilt wall to match the rest of the room.

4) Use 2 spring-loaded arms, wall mounted into the joist, in such a way that when locked into place, the arms cross the guitar case spaces. These arms will act like the safety bars of a roller-coaster, holding each guitar in place.

5) Install a small spotlight over each space so that each guitar will be well lit.

Ta-daaaaaaah! Each guitar has its own, form-fitting, velvet lined shrine to its magnificence.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
wow! was not expecting that! I think I'm gonna go with the fly paper!!!!

I don't want a wall mount! I wanna hang it kinda diagnoly not vertically
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers

Last edited by colt34 at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by dogmax
just spit one time on the wall and one time on the guitar and put it on the wall.
this is what i did to my les paul in 2006. its been there ever since.

Dang! Didn't work... who woulda thought!? Maybe I didn't spit right.........

Quote by azn_guitarist25
http://www.hangemhighguitarhangers.com/order2.htm You should just get this. But otherwise stick with duct tape that shit pretty much solves all of life's problems.

Yeah exactly like this! Maybe I'll just make some they look way easy to build...

oh hell if we're going to mke this into a serious thread, then yes you can probably use bike hooks, or similar like found at home depot.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
have the chick from the fantastic 4 hold it in place with her mind

Hopefully you can find something more useful for her to do than hold up your guitar.
Quote by Nalakram
Hopefully you can find something more useful for her to do than hold up your guitar.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I hung it up using some really long screws that I screwed into some studs and put one behind it and kinda... tied? i guess, it to the wall so it wouldn't fall off