Poll: Do you cut your strings?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you cut your strings?
Yep
203 87%
Nope
30 13%
Voters: 233.
Page 1 of 2
Personally, I cut them off. But its more a style thing than functionality
Quote by Turkeyburger
Who's that fellow in the second picture? I like his jacket...

OT- Cut

Rivers Cuomo of Weezer i believe
Depends. If they are in the way yes. If not no.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
i never used to, then i almost poked myself in the eye with the end of a string. now i always cut them.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
i don't if its just a new string, usually cause i'm too lazy. If i find a pair of wire cutters, i'll cut them off, but i've gone through stings without them ever getting cut
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
i never used to, then i almost poked myself in the eye with the end of a string. now i always cut them.

lol same. Style wise I liked my guitar best when I had them all cut except the D. But in reality leaving them uncut isnt as punk/grunge as one might think.
well im not the type who likes getting stabbed by strings whenever i tune them so i cut them, my dad doesnt and it pissed me off when i used it
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I think it's just down to a whole number of factors.

My 2 reasons for not doing it would be that i couldn't be arsed going to the garage and getting a tool to cut them (aka laziness), and also i'm just playing in my room so i don't really need it to be tidy or anything.

Weirdly my dad doesn't play guitar or any instrument but tells me to cut the end of my strings off cause he knows it can be cut and looks tidier.

If i was ever playing a gig, i would make sure to cut them.
I go like halfway. I cut them, but I leave like and inch and a half of space up there so then if I bump into them, they aren't so stiff and poke me. They are short enough where they don't make noise or swing around, but long enough to move on contact
It looks so much nicer to have them cut...
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
cut. unless i have nothing to cut them with
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I do it exactly 2 days after the restringing. That way after the strings have stretched, i can still make adjustments.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
I cut them, I didn't once and poked myself several times until I finally got around to cutting them. Now I just do it from the get-go.
cut. they go out of tun e quicker if left uncut
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Yes, I do cut them. I can't stand to have them flailing around and what not.
I play bass so I have to cut them. I have no choice because of how they're wound around the peg.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

To me it suggest that you don't have any respect for the maintenance of your instrument when left uncut. That and it looks really messy and is annoying.
Quote by druggietoad2k5
I play bass so I have to cut them. I have no choice because of how they're wound around the peg.

i couldn't find my wire cutters so i just used my entire string. it looks fucking stupid but it works.
Personally I actually cut them before putting them through. Makes it much easier for me. But meh, to each their own
not cut, but then they go into a foam red nose on my head stock, kinda like his hair. goes well with the facial expression on said nose.

Make me laugh people... go ahead, make me laugh...
i cut them because i dont want to get stabbed in the eye. nor do i want the strings brushing all over the tops of my fingers when i play
i cut them leftover string annoys me, and its pretty dangerous
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Page 1 of 2