no matter how I ajust the sattles or truss rod my low and high E string are always significantly higher than the other strings

Can anyone help me make sense of this?
Maybe it's the nut...?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
firstly, you shouldn't be adjusting the truss rod to effect changes in action.
secondly, if you're adjusting the saddles and it isn't making a difference that does sound peculiar. It could be the nut as suggested above, or there's been some error on your part in adjusting the saddles. Check the bridge again and then look at the filings on your nut and see what you find.
Quote by Duv
firstly, you shouldn't be adjusting the truss rod to effect changes in action.
secondly, if you're adjusting the saddles and it isn't making a difference that does sound peculiar. It could be the nut as suggested above, or there's been some error on your part in adjusting the saddles. Check the bridge again and then look at the filings on your nut and see what you find.

idk sumone suggest my truss rod could be twisted
idk the nut is fine
so are the saddles
the guitar is under a year old its a standard mim strat
maybe the screws in the saddles are stripped and arent actually moving
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by bellamy_morello
maybe the screws in the saddles are stripped and arent actually moving

highly doubt it

are you adjusting here and finding that the string is still high at certain points on along the neck, even though the other strings arent?

if so then click the green link in my sig. measure the neck relief on the Low E and on the High E side. compare the two measurements. compare them to the other strings as well, and see if the relief is the same for all strings.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

are you adjusting here and finding that the string is still high at certain points on along the neck, even though the other strings arent?

if so then click the green link in my sig. measure the neck relief on the Low E and on the High E side. compare the two measurements. compare them to the other strings as well, and see if the relief is the same for all strings.

ok I got the relief correct
but on the open high and low E there's a dramatic increase in string hight twoard the bottom frets (around 12-21)
but its only the E's, the other strings stay straight with the fret board
operator error.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
this is a very strange problem indeed. I would suggest the neck being shaped very poorly but i doubt its that. is it a tune-o-matic bridge? Its saddle radius may be extremly diffent to the freboard radius if it is not the original bridge for this instrument. This seems more unliky however......
Last edited by Fridge101 at Nov 8, 2009,
Quote by Fridge101
this is a very strange problem indeed. I would suggest the neck being shaped very poorly but i doubt its that. is it a tune-o-matic bridge? Its saddle radius may be extremly diffent to the freboard radius if it is not the original bridge for this instrument. This seems more unliky however......

nah its just a stock fender standard mim strat
Quote by jonathanbud
ok I got the relief correct
but on the open high and low E there's a dramatic increase in string hight twoard the bottom frets (around 12-21)
but its only the E's, the other strings stay straight with the fret board

ok and you know that the board is curved right?

if the relief is consistent, and the action is adjustable, then adjust the action.
unless you're saying that you're getting buzz when you lower the saddles.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011