Yeah, So far i'm getting a Ibanez ICB250-EX

LINK: http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_icb250ex_bkf.htm

I think it's fine, seeing as i'm not a bassist, I'm a guitarist. But i'm playing bass for a band.

I need a decent bass.

Can anyone either back up my choice or suggest something else?

My max price is £300 GBP.

Thanks guys!
I wouldn't worry so much about buying a bass that looks cool, get something that you'll be happy playing with. Go to a music store and mess around with the basses there, get something with good feel and tone.
Quote by Sooopo
You sir, have made my day awesome.

8/7/09

RIP Les Paul, I bet he's forming a kick-ass band up there to play The Great Gig in the Sky. Maybe we'll all have to use a Stairway to Heaven to go see them play. You know I'm funny.
Well let's see, that's a mighty fine bass you've found there.
Not a bad choice for a punk band either, as that model of Ibanez tends to have a rather trashy tone to it, be it guitar or bass wise.
Plus, it's already equipped with a set of Elixer strings. That's a +1 on my part.
Rosewood fingerboard, +2.
Might be good for a tune up once you get it though, but that's just my advice, since I like playing with the strings quite close to the fretboard.
All in all, that'd make a sick first bass. You'd be on that thing for a while. And only a slight amount above budget.
Remember that the instrument doesn't determine it all though, the musician behind it does ! I've been playing bass in a metal band with an old Jay Turser model.
Cheers, mate, hope you're happy with whatever you get.
Hmmm, once upon a time I almost bought one of those. They're alright, but all and all I feel are on the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to Ibanez. I'm not sure what the going price is in your area for the instruments I'm about to suggest, but you may find them worth checking out. The Ibanez SR series as a whole is extremely versatile and can do pretty much anything. If you go used you might find a higher end Ibanez, or maybe a used MIM Fender P or J. A Squier VM might also be good, as many find them comparable in quality to the MIMs.

Best to go to a shop and try out as many as you can
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Iceman basses neck dive like a mofo. If you like Ibanez, and like punk, grab an ATK. Very p-bass like in their sound. Take a listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bueuGw47IG0&feature=related

Granted, a lot of that is the amp as well, but you get the idea.

edit: They look awesome as well. Someone on UG has this one, according to google. ScottB, maybe?

rdit: they may or may not be in your price range...they're apparently more expensive over there
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Nov 8, 2009,
My first thought was the Squier Vintage Modified P Bass, but the ATK300 Mutant Corn posted will do perfectly fine too.

stratkat
Quote by Mutant Corn
edit: They look awesome as well. Someone on UG has this one, according to google. ScottB, maybe?

rdit: they may or may not be in your price range...they're apparently more expensive over there

he only thinks its his.

look into some kinda P-bass I'd say. the iceman would dive a little.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom