Poll: Are One Night Stands OK? (Read OP)
Poll Options
View poll results: Are One Night Stands OK? (Read OP)
Yes
674 78%
No
188 22%
Voters: 862.
Page 1 of 6
Okay, so me and my friend got in an argument earlier today. So, he said one night stands aren't OK to do, and I was like, WHAT THE ****? Okay so here's the scenario...

You're playing a gig, and you notice this hot girl checking you out. Let's say "Hot Girl" is single. After the gig, you and your bandmates decide to drink a little and relax. The girl from before comes to you, asks you if you wanna come to the bathroom. You go, she unzips your pants, performs oral sex on you, and asks if you want more.

So, seeing as YOU are single, and SHE is too...is there really a problem with it?

TL ; DR -
Vote in the poll so I can prove my friend wrong and show him there's nothing wrong with one night stands (if you and the girl/guy are both single).
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
did we really need that example? I'm not against them myself, and I don't see why anyone would be, for that matter.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Besides the fact it involves no love, and is pretty sleazy imo. I guess you can do it...

..but I have no comment whether or not it is ok to do.
As long as it's safe I myself would no doubt fall into an emotional quagmire though.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I don't think it's a problem, if someone else chooses to take the risks and have a one night stand it's none of anyone else's business.
If everyone understands that it's a one night stand, then yeah.

I'd prefer to go to friends with benefits, at least.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Story gave me boner.

Hate life.

You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by stephen_rettie
Oooo TS is using a personal experience, he's a ****ing rockstar!

No, it's a ****ing example.
You can steer yourself,
You're on your own,

- Dr. Seuss
well the way one night stands USUALLY work is when one person thinks that the sex meant something while the other was just horny and leaves A.S.A.P
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I want to say no, but at the same time if that happened I'd have a very tough time stopping it from happening.

Four Year Strong Plays in D Standard. Not Drop D.
Quote by Ed Hunter

I just slapped the computer screen with my dick because of this thread.
well it depends, how much do you want to steal from her and devalue one of the greatest signs of love you can give another person? and also, how many complications do you want after words, because when has sex anywhere outside of marriage ever helpped your life? if its has helpped and hasn't complicated relationships i'd be suprised...

the real question isn't "Is it right?" or "Can I get away with it?" because in his mind every man makes up what is right and disregards what's right to others. the real question is "Is this a wise thing to do? acording to the crap that was in my life before this, the responsibilities i'm acountable for, and where i want my future to go, is this really wise?"
no, but only because they take too long, one hour standa are much more preferable as you can do a few in one night. Efficiency FTW.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yeah, why not? Nothing wrong with meaningless sex in my opinion
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by D.I.R.T.
well it depends, how much do you want to steal from her and devalue one of the greatest signs of love you can give another person? and also, how many complications do you want after words, because when has sex anywhere outside of marriage ever helpped your life? if its has helpped and hasn't complicated relationships i'd be suprised...

the real question isn't "Is it right?" or "Can I get away with it?" because in his mind every man makes up what is right and disregards what's right to others. the real question is "Is this a wise thing to do? acording to the crap that was in my life before this, the responsibilities i'm acountable for, and where i want my future to go, is this really wise?"

You seem to be spouting Christian propaganda...

GTFO

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

GTFO

Or he's just speaking intelligently,

Four Year Strong Plays in D Standard. Not Drop D.
Quote by Ed Hunter

I just slapped the computer screen with my dick because of this thread.
don't give the girls contact details just incase you get her preg. don't wanna be burdened with child support nd shit
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Quote by Cal UK
As long as it's safe I myself would no doubt fall into an emotional quagmire though.

giggity
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
i put no just to prove your friend right
My Gear:

Fretless Squier P Bass
Ibanez SR400QM
Gallien Krueger 1001RB
Traynor TC410
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD-7
Quote by ☼Blink☼
Or he's just speaking intelligently,

no any time someone starts talking about how bad sex outside of marriage is, it's pretty much garunteed to be Christian propaganda, also the assumption he's under that sex is some uber magical thing reeks of it too.

Last.fm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWNBA6XHCKo
listen to the lyrics
that is my answer
In case any of you can't be arsed, heres the chorus
I don't wanna love you
consider this a one night stand
the bus it keeps on rolling on
but make no mistake girl, we'll be doing it all night long
in the morning I'll be gone

You get the picture?
there's nothing wrong with it if you're both single, but you probably wouldn't find me doing it so...
Gear:
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom 24
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator
Need a new amp. Any ideas? PM me

Quote by Kensai
Either you got the wrong thread or the gays in your state are very well hung.

Quote by Kid_Thorazine

GTFO

and God reigned dowm from the heavens with a single word... "Penis"

and oh how the people glorfied this "Penis", constantly fellating it and putting said "Penis" on a pedestal..but after too long, the people became bored, and prayed to their lord, that he come up with a new idol..

..God heard their calls. With a thunderous roar, he burst out "VAGINA" and every man, woman, and child trembled before the word. Echoing time and time again, it reigned mighty, and there was a new challenger to the pedestal...it was "VAGINA", "VAGINA" screeched throughout the land...soon, the "Penis" would lose its rankings, and "VAGINA" took its place...Now, every man, woman, and child puts this "VAGINA" on the pedestal.

...and all of its slang forms too, yo.
I wouldn't say they're morally wrong as long as both parties are honest about it, but they're definitely a slutty thing to do.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
I used to be anti-one night stand, but after dating, you go through a bunch of crap you really just don't need to to have sex (well, it happens).

As I've decided that I don't want to get married or have kids, I've warmed up to the idea of one night stands, and have even partaken.

There's nothing wrong with them.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
One night stands are amoral. They are neither morally good nor morally bad.

Anyone who argues that they are morally bad are arrogant moralist. I'm also suspicious of anyone who wishes to judge aspects of my behaviour which do not hurt anyone else.
Quote by Shrexter
Haha he just said oral sex is one of the greatest signs of love...

I know, it;s hillarious, a blowjob is pretty much the equivalent of a handshake nowadays, rimjobs on the other hand...

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I know, it;s hillarious, a blowjob is pretty much the equivalent of a handshake nowadays, rimjobs on the other hand...

Exactly...Rimjobs mean only one thing, true love.
if you're down with the clap then yes
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
57 said it's okay

you disgust me

I hypothetically go out and sleep with someone. We're both honest about it and were protected.

We indulgence in mutual hedonism which results in no cost to anyone.

You have the audacity to claim the moral authority over my actions.

You disgust me.