14 61%
LINE 6 FLEXTONE 2 XL
3 13%
Randall RG100SC Combo
2 9%
Line 6 Spider Valve
3 13%
Voters: 23.
I was wondering if someone would like to give there opinion on this. Tomorrow Im going to try a. Randall RG100SC Combo( 350$), line 6 flextone 2 XL( 350$) combo and bugera 333 combo( 500$).

Should i wait before buying, for better options ? I really like the bugera amp though but he doesn't want to lower his price. should i go for randall, line 6, Vypyr 60 ?

My gear his a LP studio whit active pick up. His it true that SS amp doesn't like active pick up ?

I play only metal and whit a drummer in a garage.
Wait until tommorow when you try them out to see what you like best...?
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
Wait until tommorow when you try them out to see what you like best...?

agree but, would help me more if i have some feedback from people own one and would share there experience.
Nobody ?

His it true, active pick up works better whit a tube amp then SS amp?
Quote by fabsi
Nobody ?

His it true, active pick up works better whit a tube amp then SS amp?

Anything you use is going to sound better or work better with a tube amp. That's a simple fact. However, if you're really hell-bent on buy a solid state, I would go for the Randall. They are the absolute KING when it comes to SS amps.

However, there are tube amps out there that will sound so much better than anything on your list and probably for about the same price. Just remember that tube amp sound a LOT louder than solid states. Thus, you don't need a 50W tube amp to get the same amount of sound that you would get with a 50W SS. The general rule that I've seen is that tube amps tend to sound about twice as loud as their solid state cousins. My tube Peavey Classic 30 is only a 30W, but it blows my friend's 50W Randall out of the water. Easily.

EDIT: I obviously didn't look at the amps you were talking about very closely before posting this. Nevertheless, it's information that will help you out, I think.

EDIT 2: Having never tried any of those amps out except the Randall, I'm not going to vote on your choices.
Last edited by The.new.guy at Nov 8, 2009,
Quote by The.new.guy
Anything you use is going to sound better or work better with a tube amp. That's a simple fact. However, if you're really hell-bent on buy a solid state, I would go for the Randall. They are the absolute KING when it comes to SS amps.
No.
Quote by The_Bosstone
No.

I will find out later tonite about the Randall.The features for this amp sound very metal whit 1 channel divided by gain 1 and 2 and has celestion speakers. That's the only reason y i will try it out though cause i really want the bugera but if i could get a randall cheaper for my needs, i would be happy.

for ow the bugera lead damn, i might just spend a little more then. I will still gotry the randell though.

P.S. : the SS amp doesn't like active pick up ? someone!
Last edited by fabsi at Nov 9, 2009,
Randall seem to make great solid state amps. If you're a bedroom guitarist you might want to go SS since you need to crank tube amps to hit the sweet spot.

What music do you play/want to play.
Yes, active pickups generally don't work well with SS amps. I say GENERALLY because I have tried running an ESP LTD with EMG 81/85 through a Flextone III Plus and I heard no clipping at all. In fact it sounded terrific with the EMGs!
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by HellBoy9393
Yes, active pickups generally don't work well with SS amps. I say GENERALLY because I have tried running an ESP LTD with EMG 81/85 through a Flextone III Plus and I heard no clipping at all. In fact it sounded terrific with the EMGs!

thanks! I guess, all depends on the amp and the pick up if they work well together 50-50 chance.
You haven't considered a used 5150 combo? or waiting for the 6505+ 1x12?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by JackoMBA
Randall seem to make great solid state amps. If you're a bedroom guitarist you might want to go SS since you need to crank tube amps to hit the sweet spot.

What music do you play/want to play.

In the metal scene i heard lot of great things about the randall even whit the SS amps. I know, that the bugera will give me a good metal tone but, not sure about the other ones, that y i have to go try them out. If i get good metal tone from the others ones y shouldn't spend more for the bugera though. Always good some feedback about those amp before i go try them out.

Those the flextone 2 really could pull off a good metal sound or im better whit the flextone 3 ?

i only play METAL don't need much of clean though, maybe the beginning of enter sandman
Quote by Yngwi3
You haven't considered a used 5150 combo? or waiting for the 6505+ 1x12?

Yes i did considered, first there to expensive here there like 900$ and this guy his selling it for 800$ used, i tried to explain it to him his way to expensive. Anyway, i would jump on the occasion if it was less expensive for my needs new or used
I see... I assume that's AUS dollars? As a pretty standard price for a used 5150 combo is about $500 US
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by Yngwi3
I see... I assume that's AUS dollars? As a pretty standard price for a used 5150 combo is about $500 US

here they sell for 719$ Can new. If the randall and the flextone doesn't pull off a good distortion sound i will wait for the bugera and manage to save for a 6505 combo.
wtf? Canadian dollars are actually worth more than US dollars now, WTF is this shit?
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
wtf? Canadian dollars are actually worth more than US dollars now, WTF is this shit?

lol actually no,. 1$ can=0.93US .So the 6505 worth 599 US while here in CAnada it's around 719$.
Ah that sucks
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Well the bugera his winning the poll lol. I still gonna try them and probably wait or spend the extra money. thanks guys