is it good to combine actives and passives? is it even possible? its for HSH, the humbuckers are active and the single coil is passive.
it's possible, not recommended. if you aren't going to use the single coil you could always just have it taken out of the circuit tho

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
It's possible. How difficult it is depends on the guitar and what controls you want. One problem with mixing them is when you use any combo of an active and the passive you won't be able to hear the passive. The passive will sound fine when used alone though.
Last edited by zakkwyldefan79 at Nov 8, 2009,
you CAN. the problem is that passives use 250 or 500 k ohm pots. actives have an internal preamp and because of this, and other things, they use 10k ohm pots. As long as you use 2 volumes and two tones (or no tone) you can do it with no problem. If you have only one knob, EMG reccomends to use a pickup booster for the passive (to act as a preamp) and then use the 10k pot. The, however, changes the sound of the passive pickup).

And for single coils, even hot passives are sometimes louder than SCs, imagine some actives.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
Actives use 25k pots not 10k.

i dont remeber. I was actually going to add an "(i think)" but i forgot. lol
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI