So I play guitar in this band. Right now we're just playing around in basements and such. I've only got a 10 watt practice amp, so I'm using my friend's Marshall solid state. I think it's a 30 watt. It's not the greatest, but it works for what we're doing right now. Anyway, I'll obviously need an amp of my own at some point, but I'm totally lost. Here's what I'm looking for:
All tube
Loud enough to gig with
Bright sound
Works well with pedals
Affordable!

Help me!
Bands/Genres?
Budget?
Nearest major City?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Ah, you're right I forgot about those things.
I'm really into "alternative" stuff I guess. Fugazi, Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr., the Pixies, etc.
I also like a lot of heavier stuff. Baroness, Black Sabbath, Boris, and I really dig Kyuss' guitar sound.
I think most of these bands play on Marshall stacks, but I'm not looking for anything that heavy yet.
I can probably spend a maximum of $800.
Used AC30 seems perfect, you'd probably need a boost for the heavier, it can definately do black sabbath with the gain on tap, but any heavier than that, it really seems perfect though
For what you play, you could either get a clean amp and run pedals for distortion, or an amp that has both.

Anyway, here are some recommendations:

- Bugera V55
- Vox Night Train (single channel)
- Vox AC50
- Vox AC15
- Jet City Amps (the 20w one when it comes out)
- Fender Blues Junior
- Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
- Peavey Classic 30
- Peavey Valveking with mods (speaker swap, output transformer swap)
- Fender Bandmaster + cab
- Used Fender Bassman + cab
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??