Are you opposed to looking used? You might be able to find a used MIA Fender at that price, but you'll definitely be able to find used Schecters and Ibanezes at that price. For Schecter, I suggest the Stiletto Elite 4 (or 5 or 6 depending on how many strings you want) and for Ibanez the SR50x (500, 505, or 506 depending on the amount of strings).
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Are you opposed to looking used? You might be able to find a used MIA Fender at that price, but you'll definitely be able to find used Schecters and Ibanezes at that price. For Schecter, I suggest the Stiletto Elite 4 (or 5 or 6 depending on how many strings you want) and for Ibanez the SR50x (500, 505, or 506 depending on the amount of strings).

I'm willing to go used but I'd like to avoid if possible. Thanks for the suggestions.

Quote by thecrowing33
spector legend classic. its unbeatable

I'll look into that thanks.
Fender's always great, you can get a new MIM Precision or Jazz for $550. You could get a Sterling SB14 for $600, a G&L Tribute JB-2, or an Ibanez ATK305. Those, along with the Spector, Ibanez SR series, and Schecter Stiletto series as previously mentioned are all great basses
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I would go with a Schecter Stiletto Elite or a lower priced Fender.

Fuck that - I want a bass amp that can suck dick! Where do you find such a thing
esp 300 series maybe? what do you have now? what style music do you play?
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Emergancy Exit
esp 300 series maybe? what do you have now? what style music do you play?

I'm still using a Squier Jazz bass I got forever ago. I said what types I play in the first post haha. Thanks for all the suggestions if there are any more I'd love to hear them.
Spector Legend or an Ibanez SR500. Take your pick of those, but be warned that the Spector's preamp is inferior to the SR500's IMO so there'll be less tone you can scult on the actual bass.
you might be lucky enough to find a used warwick corvette for that much
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Go out and play some in a shop, people will just post their opinions and, usually, their own bass.
Brands to look at: Fender, Ibanez, Spector and Schecter. All do great basses for rock and are really good quality for the the price.