Ok so I need a combo amp thats good for smaller gigs and bedroom practice. I play a little bit of everything mainly focusing on alternative rock to metal. The most I can spend is 700-750USD.
get a Line 6 Spider III or IV, they're just great and not too expensive
Quote by matt s
Hope your joking.

He's not, look at his profile and his gear.

But what kind of guitar do you have, and are you thinking tube or solid state? Combo, stack, or head?
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
I'm not an amp guru, but I have heard good things about maybe a Mesa, Bugera, or even a Peavey 6505 or 5150.

Actually, out of those the Peavey is the only one within your price range. Try looking on your local Craigslist, or just used in general.
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5
well the Bugera would also be well in my price range as a 2x12 combo. Iv looked into them but just question the durability.
Okay, I guess I missed the prices of Bugeras when I did a quick search. But just look around for reviews and such. I'm sure they are plenty durable if you just take basic care of it. But again, just try to look used. You may find a steal.
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Bugera V-5
Roland Cube 20x, Mean little amp. Perfect for small gigs and practice. Has a built in standard tuner, one clean and one lead channel with two channels for selecting your effects, and one for selecting your cabinet.

HERE is a youtube video of the demo.
I think the older bugeras had problems with shitty stock tubes, transformers, and some kind of clips inside.

Apparently the new ones are fine though.
I like the 6505 but I'll need sometimes need some cleans. I'm thinking about the
Bugera 333 2x12 combo.
Line 6 Flextone.

Yes, I know "But like, Line 6 suxorz!"

No. Spiders suck. The rest are very good. The flextone is one of the most versatile amps in its price range (your range).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by koikomoru
Roland Cube 20x, Mean little amp. Perfect for small gigs and practice. Has a built in standard tuner, one clean and one lead channel with two channels for selecting your effects, and one for selecting your cabinet.

HERE is a youtube video of the demo.

A 20 watt solid state for gigs? Seems a bit ridiculous to me..
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
not to mention me having a budget of 700 and getting told to get a 200$ amp. I wish I could get a quality tube amp for that much.
Quote by matt s
so your saying a flextone like this
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Flextone-III-XL-2x12-Stereo-Combo-Amp-482242-i1489805.gc

Is better than an all tube amp? It just seems hard to believe but I don't know much about them.

They're quite good - tube amps are overrated, they're not as good as they're made out to be a lot of the time, especially in your range.

You aren't going to get tube amp in your range that could do everything you want.

Alt rock is a diverse genre, and uses cleans quite a bit to say the very least.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Nov 9, 2009,
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/randall/rg100g3/index.html

i had the same problem, this was my answer. go find yours

id say hit at least 3 stores because no 1 store has everything

still, i highly recommend that amp if u like metal and decent cleans
Washburn / Boogiestreet guitars boogiebolt 2 w/ blackouts
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
squier bullet w/ebony board
ibanez weeping demon
B-52 AT 112 (60W) or 212(120W)

Very affordable hi-gain tube amps made for metal, but the cleans are surprisingly good as well. In the past the only issues I've read about was quality, but I've had mine since February and it hasn't had a single problem. Check them out for sure. The 112 was $379 off musiciansfriend i believe.

For bedroom playing I never have the volume knob very high at all, it's a loud amp but is suitable for practicing.

Good example of the sounds it gets can be found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW9KtD2JhO4
This belongs in gg&a
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.