So at work at the hotel... I check in this guy with shirt full of acoustic guitars on it. He kept telling me about gigs hes going to be playing in California and he's been traveling, playing shows for events for a few months now. Very southern guy from South Carolina.

I ask him what type of music he plays. He says any thing from bluegrass to jazz. I tell him I play as well. He immediately grabs his $3000 martin acoutic and hands me over the case and says "play it".

I play some flaminco piecies and my own finger picked riffs and he lights up like a christmas tree.

He then grabs his other guitar and starts to play along to what i'm playing, WHILE I have guests who are waiting behind him to be checked in. Probably jammed for a good 5-7 minutes while my guests were just hanging around enjoying the music.

Very spontaneous, but very awesome.

tl;dr anyone ever just randomly jam with someone when they didnt even think they were going to be playing at that particular moment?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
ITT: mods brag about awesome jams that never happened.

EDIT: I once jammed with buddies in the school toilets. true story.

the janitor came and almost got us kicked out, but commended us for playing Led Zeppelin and let us off the hook. good times.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Nov 8, 2009,
Quote by CoreysMonster

Who are you and why are you an asshole?

I've had maybe 2-3 nearly-epic jam sessions in the past.

I'm in desperate need of people to jam with, as the only person I knew who I would occasionally jam with recently moved to Ohio.

EDIT: I also had quite an epic jam with Timbit over the UG Tinycam once, that was cool.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Nov 8, 2009,
*Watches approaching conflict*

I haven't had any epic jams.

EDIT: I'm not sure if that edit makes it any better, but I'm now disappointed.
Some random dude at Guitar Center.

We were on the other side of the amps and I never actually bothered to talk to him, he just sorta solo'd over what I was playing.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by CoreysMonster

the janitor came and almost got us kicked out, but commended us for playing Led Zeppelin and let us off the hook. good times.

I performed in the girls toilets once. It's really nice in there. So clean and shiny.

The boys toilets have shit on everything. And missing doors.
I would tell you but everybody would call bullshit. They always do.
But it isn't.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by whitenihilist
Holy crap, I work at a hotel too, and something like this has happend to me before as well. I love jamming with random people!!

I think the hotel business is probably the most random workplace ever.

Whats even more awesome is that he gave me a CD of his work. His bands name is The Tony Rice Unit. Very awesome bluegrass.

Quote by Jackal58
I would tell you but everybody would call bullshit. They always do.
But it isn't.

The first post in this thread claimed bs. Just say it. :3

Quote by Butt Rayge

I performed in the girls toilets once. It's really nice in there. So clean and shiny.

And I thought that was just my school
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by Butt Rayge

Your name is very appropriate for that comment.

also, I was once at this second-hand guitar shop owned by this old stoner dude

And I started re-tuning this guitar and playing the rain song from Zep, and he came over and I thought he was gonna tell me to stop ****ing around, but he grabbed a bass guitar and started playing with me

he wouldn't give me discount on guitars, but it was still pretty cool. he still knows my name to this day.
Quote by Nelsean
I think the hotel business is probably the most random workplace ever.

Whats even more awesome is that he gave me a CD of his work. His bands name is The Tony Rice Unit. Very awesome bluegrass.

The first post in this thread claimed bs. Just say it. :3

A friend of mine has a friend that is a music producer in Detroit. My friends friend called him one night while we were jamming and told him to come over to his place to party and jam. My friend invited me. When we got there Joe Perry was hanging out. We jammed for hours. Happened last spring.
I have more. I'm old.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by CoreysMonster

THE JANITOR CAME?!?
Quote by PluckU
OH **** YOU says the computer, YOU MAY ONLY HAVE 1, READ IT, ONE AUDIO TRACK >:O I then i got pissed off and through my tuner against a wall
Well during jazz band once our director gave us the day off and i pulled out my bass anyways and the drummer and i were jamming when a kid who plays sax but was in choir at the moment came in and we had a pretty epic jam.
I Like Playing Guitar. And Bass. And Drums.
Monarch High School Quadline Too.

Amidoinitrite?

*Edit* My schools band was plkaying Loey Loey (marching band tune) and I grabbed my guitar and started jammin some metal riffs. The band director came out with his sax and did this amazing solo, lasted a good 15 minutes. everyone else just watched and applauded us
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Last edited by Zinnie at Nov 8, 2009,
Quote by CoreysMonster
yes.

the janitor came.

we were that good.

rofl

Quote by Nelsean
rofl

you're drunk/high, aren't you?

there is no way a sober person could laugh at a joke as stupid as that
Quote by Zinnie

Amidoinitrite?

*Edit* My schools band was plkaying Loey Loey (marching band tune) and I grabbed my guitar and started jammin some metal riffs. The band director came out with his sax and did this amazing solo, lasted a good 15 minutes. everyone else just watched and applauded us

How can people allow that to happen? (The traffic jam, not the sax jam) I swear everyone is retarded except for me.
Quote by Butt Rayge
How can people allow that to happen? (The traffic jam, not the sax jam) I swear everyone is retarded except for me.

1000 people all saying

"move!! I gotta shit!!!"

And to avoid being spam...

I was at gc and i was playig a schecter in drop c and I was just doing some like chugging riffs and this guy started doing some sweeps in the same key, we switched spots ad I sweeped and he played backup. Pretty sweet, some dude came up and was like play some lamb of god!!
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Last edited by westdyolf at Nov 8, 2009,
My friend and I were just sitting down thinking we would be just playing one song, he was playing harmonica, and I was on acoustic guitar, well that one song turned into a 25 minute jam, it was such a cool feeling, after we finally finished it was just like "what the ****? that was awesoeme" and never again have we matched the epicness of that day

it started out as "You Don't Know How It Feels" transitioned into one of my originals then just went on and on and on from there
was at a party and there were 2 guitars and drums set up and i started wanking around the guitar and 2 of my friends came over and we made magic.
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

I had a friend who knew this guy who was the most stereotypical black bass player ever, loved playing funk and soul music and stuff. He was over my friend's house once and because we liked more rock sort of stuff at the time (we were about 14) the only thing all of us knew were Red Hot Chili Peppers songs and we just spent an entire afternoon jamming chili's songs. Livened up what I thought was gonna be a pretty boring sunday afternoon and we made a pretty good band out of it afterward.
I jammed with Andy Timmons once. It was at a guitar camp last summer, he was teaching the clinic, but at the end asked if anyone wanted to jam, and I decided to put up my hand... it was pretty awesome.
My junior year in high school I was in the band room after school waiting for the teacher to come by so I could talk to her. I had my guitar and amp, I was just messing around with ideas until the German teacher came into the room, he was looking for her too. He sat down at the drum kit and asked if I knew any classic rock. We ended up jamming to voodoo chile' for about 10 minutes until the band teacher came back. It was pretty cool.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
I was talked into playing a short solo jazz set at some event. They failed to inform me that it was a gospel fest, and that jazz may not fit particularly well between two large gospel choirs. I was also one of five white people in the entire place. It was like a scene out of the Blues Brothers at Bob's Country Bunker: I start playing, and everyone just stares at the lone white kid. A local minister who I had never met before jumps up on stage with a sax and we jam for about ten minutes. The most awkward performance of my life quickly became one of the coolest.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
I was playing at a shop and started to play Am I Evil? and someone else waaaaaaay on the over side was playing along, it was nice.

MC name = Bearrorism
I have a guitar class at school, and most of the nine people in the class are pretty bad, but theyre beginners. Anyway, I was just sitting there listening to what other people are playing, and one day decided to just jam along with some random guy, which I think he was playing My Sharona. He discovered what I was doing and we've had epic jams everyday ever since.
I was in the amp room at our local music store, and a bassist and guitarist were playing Moon Dance. I just started soloing over it without saying a word.

When my music theory teacher is out, we all just start playing whatever instruments are around. (It's the band room). There's this one guy who always plays pop songs on the piano in there, and I usually plug into the bass amp that the jazz band uses and solo over whatever he's playing. Guitar W/Humbuckers---> bass amp= great jazz tone.
moar jams plox

This happens pretty much every time me and my friends go round our stoner friend's place.

We get baked, two of us pick up the guitars (the guy has an acoustic and an electric) and we jam for as long we feel like. It always ends up with me soloing over some riff or chord progression with the other guys just sitting there and enjoying it (they're all very good musicians/guitarists too), which is alright, but I feel like a douche soloing all the time.

I try to get the other guys involved by handing them the electric (that's the dedicated solo guitar ) and making up something awesome for them to jam over, but they always end up telling me to jam to instead. Sigh. -_-

Anyway, one night we got baked as usual and sat down with the guitars. I started off playing the acoustic, and the guys liked what they heard and wanted me to play the electric. So I grab the electric, and my friend grabs the acoustic and plays my progression. It's sounding really, really good and it must have lasted for about 15 minutes with both of us switching things up and follow each other's changes as though we were reading from a songbook or something.

I try to end it after while, by playing a giant run up and down the fretboard, and ended on a note (unbeknownst to me) that allowed my friend to start playing Tommy Emmanuel's Since We Met in the key he had learnt it in. I picked up on the chord changes and started playing an accompaniment melody with a solo every now and then, with both of us altering dynamics, tempo, rhythms and etc. It was truly the greatest jam I've ever had, and it sounded amazing.

I'll never forget that night.
Last edited by soulflyV at Nov 9, 2009,
I had an epic jam once, I think it was raspberry.

Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Hanson are musical legends.

You watch your god damn mouth when talking about them.

Quote by TheQuailman

I mean, look at me. Can't even get an erection unless I strangle a goat.

It's Time To Be Immortal Cause Heros Never Die!