College class here...so I need to discuss "Did we win the war, but lose the peace in WW1?" and I'm not that informed about it. So if anyone knows about this stuff, tell me what you think/know please. Thanks.
The question is probably designed for you to answer with the widely held belief that WWI basically left unfinished business and kept the door open for the inevitable WWII.
Look into the treaty of versailles and the woodrow wilson's original treaty that was rejected. You can also trace how Hitler was able to rise to power in Germany after the rest of Europe basically impoverished Europe.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by FunkyFire
College class here...so I need to discuss "Did we win the war, but lose the peace in WW1?" and I'm not that informed about it. So if anyone knows about this stuff, tell me what you think/know please. Thanks.

Who is "we"
Quote by Megavanseelamb
Who is "we"

He's from the United States.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I don't know how long it's gotta be, but i guess you could start by saying that the USA did contribute to winning WW1 alot. Alot of people seem to say that Germany was pretty screwed as soon as USA joined in 1917.

Then you can go on and talk about how USA's post-war plans were rejected by Clemencau (sp?) and stuff, who instead made the treaty of Versailles. From here you can then talk about the widely held belief that the Treaty of Versailles led to ww2 (like the guy said earlier in the thread).
The League of Nations failed, and some could argue that the Treaty of Versailles was one of the factors in causing WWII, so I would say so. But I think it was worse when WWII ended because of the atomic bomb.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
the treaty of versalles forced germany to pay taxes for starting the war, but the citizens of germany didn't believe they started the war, and hitler came and reinforced that belief.
Quote by speakers
Usa! Usa! Usa!

You filthy un-Australian *****!
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
It wasn't just the taxes, Germany went through mass inflation during post WWI. Their money was basically useless, it was cheaper to warm your house by burning money than buying wood. So Germany had a huge economic crisis, and it was all brought on by the Treaty of Versailles. If it wasn't for the economy they wouldn't have been so quick to follow Hitler.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
WWI is one of the most neglected wars in US history in my opinion. It was terrible for everyone involved. World War 2 was bad, but it seems most forget how the First Great War was also a brutal massacre. I also love the propaganda used in the US to get people to support the war. The whole "This is the war to end all wars." is just brilliant marketing