I thought that it was a pretty good book; I found it quite funny how indignant Dave Thompson got at any music past 1976.

Yes I'm sure everyone coming in here is going to post something about how I shouldn't be so close minded (If they didn't before, I'm sure after they read this they will).
So YOU hate new music or the AUTHOR hates new music?

Either way, it's stupid. THere always was and always will be shitty mainstream shit, and there will always be the undergroung gems you have to look a little while for.

EDIT:

c-c-combo breaker

I like new music.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by EC_AL_JH_GH
I thought that it was a pretty good book; I found it quite funny how indignant Dave Thompson got at any music past 1976.

Yes I'm sure everyone coming in here is going to post something about how I shouldn't be so close minded (If they didn't before, I'm sure after they read this they will).

It is quite common, though looking at your profile, your 17! At 18, I started hating new music, though I still kept up with most the bands that were popular when I was still in HS. There is a lot of good new music out there, but you have to remember...marketers and record companies will see a current trend as 'stale' and will find a new sound/fashion/whathaveyou to cater to a new generation. Usually this happens every 4 to 6 years.

Good bands imo are those that still making music with their own distinct sound despite not being in the spotlight anymore. Some bands are exceptions though, like Aerosmith.
I like how closed minded you are. The current closedness of your mind is at a perfect amount. You definitely shouldn't change it.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
new music is good as long as its not disney or mainstream

REVOLUTION

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
speaking of new music ...

raditude ... worth buying, matt? i love blue and pinkerton and liked red ... opinion?
#DTWD
I like it. I think if you like Red then you probably will at least enjoy it. I actually find that I'm enjoying it more every time I listen to it. You can stream the songs on their myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/weezer

If you get it I suggest going for the deluxe edition. It's a few dollars more, but the 4 extra songs are worth it I think.
ah damn. they're playing the aragon ballroom during my finals week. although i'm seeing the pixies in two weeks at the same venue. woot woot!
#DTWD
Nice. Sucks that you can't get to the Weezer show though. I've seen them twice so far and they were amazing both times. Unfortunately I had to suffer through Angels and Airwaves to see them the first time.