I'm looking to see if anyone knows a good mod for a BBE green screamer. It sounds okay, but I'm looking for something with a little extra something. Also, I'm going to replace the footswitch because I believe it ha a short in it. How would I go about replacing it. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have never tried to modify/replace anything on a pedal.
Quote by mihalo
I'm looking to see if anyone knows a good mod for a BBE green screamer. It sounds okay, but I'm looking for something with a little extra something. Also, I'm going to replace the footswitch because I believe it ha a short in it. How would I go about replacing it. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have never tried to modify/replace anything on a pedal.

Check how many pins are on the bottom of the footswitch. That would be a lead in the right direction.
Try to find a schematic of the pedal, to be sure what kind of switch it is(SPST, SPDT,DPST,DPDT)

Also, check out the pedal modding thread, or whatever they call it nowadays.
..I was watching my death.
So, I could make my overdrive into a fuzz face. Not really what I wanted, but I am intrigued. (What I am really looking for is a increase in bass, the pedal creates a mid hump.)
Last edited by mihalo at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by mihalo
So, I could make my overdrive into a fuzz face. Not really what I wanted, but I am intrigued. (What I am really looking for is a increase in bass, the pedal creates a mid hump.)

Sorry dude, I had a few different threads open and I meant to post that in a different one.
Here's the only free schematic of the green screamer I could find: http://www.indyguitarist.com/schematics/z-unsorted/bbe_green_screamer_schem.gif
It's based on a Tube Screamer so its naturally going to have that mid hump.

Based on my limited knowledge, I'd suggest replacing C8 (the capacitor connected to the middle leg of the tone control) with a larger value, maybe .33uf or .47uf. This should allow you to roll off more of the high frequencies.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb