Well, I've almost been playing a year now, and I'm constantly trying to learn more things. This is just a small little guitar part I wrote, I'm just wondering what advice you guys can offer and ideas on structuring a song around it if you know what I mean.. I know it's not much at all, but just looking on how to build upon it and listen to any criticisms you may have..... thanks!!
Attachments:
fsu.gp5
Well, in my opinion, Slow it down when you actually play it, see how it sounds then.
Its really good though.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri rock. I need scissors! 61!
i think it sounds pretty good. i like that you have the accidental in there, it keeps it interesting.
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
what do you mean by accidental? And yeah i slowed the tempo down to 100 and i think it sounds a lot better, thanks so far guys
I have literally hundreds of little parts like this saved on my computer- never delete anything like this, you never know when it might come in handy.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
the accidental meaning the A# I think its cool but I also don't really like how it changes the feel of the riff. It makes it sounds almost generically bluesy to me and the rest of the riff isn't like that at all. If you were gonna use an accidental i would do it somewhere else
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
how do i do that? just select everything and let it ring?

edit**

nvm i found it, idk I didn't like the way it sounded honestly. the tone when writing it was a preset 2112 tone on pod farm, subtle phaser, sounded real nice.
Last edited by velocet at Nov 9, 2009,
things always sound better IRL than on GP, I just use GP to get my ideas down and get a rough idea of how it will end up sounding.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
There isn't really much to crit on, but overall a nice progression, but the bars 3 and 7 end really weirdly. It was a nice piece. Just some groovy bassline would make it great.

Oh, and slow it down, like to 95 or such.
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.