Im looking to buy a cab
preferably a 1x12...but if i MUST ill get a 2x12
wattage : 30 or more
impedance: 2 or 4 ohms
budget: under around 450 Canadian dollars
speakers: preferably Vintage 30

Head: traynor ycs100h2 (30watt mode)
Genre: classic rock, blues mostly

PS. its hard to order stuff in Taiwan (sigh)
27mMoV31II7.a2
Last edited by Antimage27 at Nov 9, 2009,
A 1x12 cabinet is a rather uncommon thing. The only one I know of is Marshall's Model 1912 cabinet. Even 2x12 cabs for guitar are in the minority, but there are a number of them out there. Carvin makes a 2x12 cabinet in their Steve Vai Legacy series; the C212E. It has Celestion Vintage 30 speakers and handles 120 watts RMS at 8 ohms. It goes for about US$450.00. Marshall also makes a 2x12 cabinet called the 1922 and its higher-end brother, the Model 1936. They are both 8 ohms mono (16 ohms stereo). I don't know what they are selling for right now.

I am sure there are others. Check some of the manufacturers' websites and see if what they offer meets your needs.
Mesa makes a 1x12 which I believe has a v30 in it. As well you could grab an Orange 1x12, same v30.

If you go for a Marshall 2x12 grab the 1936. I used to have one and only sold it for my 4x12, otherwise I would have kept it. I really like the G12T-75 speakers though. Lots of people on here will they you they're 'junk.'
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
vintage 30s are not a must for me ...most importantly i need the 1x12 and 4 ohms
27mMoV31II7.a2
why the 1x12?
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
I took a look at some websites. The Marshall and Mesa cabinets are both 8 ohms. The Orange PPC112 is a 16 ohm cabinet. Vox has a V112HTV cabinet at 8 and 16 ohms. If you are intent on 1x12 and 4 ohms, you may either have to get an 8 or 16 ohm cabinet and replace the speaker with a 4 ohm speaker, or else have one built for you. Does anyone know of any 1x12 cabinets that are rated at 4 ohms?
there are not many, and i don't know of any, speakers which are 4 ohm. the only way you will make an 8 ohm 1x12 a 4 ohm is if you wire up an 8 ohm resistor in parallel with the speaker. this would make the cabinet 4 ohm but come to think of it you will need a pretty beefy resistor to handle the power coming from your amp. also you will be losing power to the resistor.

a 2x12, on the other hand, can be wired to 4 ohms of it has two 8 ohm speakers wired in parallel. hope that helps ya.
so basically i have to get a 2x12 then... ugh

i wanted a 1x12 cuz its lighter and i carry it around a couple times a week
27mMoV31II7.a2
...wait you live in Taiwan but your using Canadian currency??
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

no..i use NTD (taiwan currency) but im from canada so im more use to saying the amount in canadian currency
27mMoV31II7.a2
You probably want more then 30W speakers, as your head is 30W RMS. If I were you i would at least get a 50 or 60W cab.
Good 1*12 cabs that I know of:
Bogner
Orange

That's it.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl