So I’ve been working as a landscaper for the past three years. While I enjoy working outdoors and it’s kept me in good shape, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not what I want to do with the rest of my life.

Seriously landscaping mostly involves mostly pushing wheelbarrows all day, its mind numbingly dull and very unsatisfying. So I’m looking for a new line of work and I need help with my resume. It’s been three years since I’ve last written one and I can’t remember what I’m supposed to put on it.

This is what I have so far...

Personal information
(name, age, email, phone number)

Education

Completed highschool in 2006.

Work history
Worked as an apprentice landscape gardener for (company name).

December 2006 – October 2009.

Personal qualities
• Hard worker
• Punctual and reliable
• Enthusiastic work attitude
• Team worker
• Organised

References
Fomer boss

Seriously I wrote everything in huge text and put big gaps between each section and it’s still only ¾ of a page, wtf?
Any ideas?
Under education, you should list your high school by listing the name, location, years attended, and GPA.

Same thing with work history, but instead or years attended it would be years employed, and instead of GPA it would be hourly rate and average hours of work assigned a week.

J-Edit: Also, you should always start off your resume with some kind of career goal.
Last edited by jbridge90 at Nov 9, 2009,
also you should feature a paragraph about goals

and for each job you try, have a paragraph stating why you would be good in that job like

Music Teacher:
i have complete a cert IV in music buisness, been performing solo and within a band for the last 6 years, A large ammount of informal and formal music study of theory and compositions etc etc
I recently had to write out my uncle's resume for him, and he's a tradie, so I sort of know what your need to go for. Here's an example:

2003-2005 Construction Worker, (Carpenter), Chadwick’s Pty Ltd (ACT)
Construction of residential units, duties included foundations and concrete pouring, manufacture of frames, stud work and partition walls. The complete fit-out of external and internal finishing’s and industry calculations.

Something along those lines for employment history

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Quote by GoldenBlues
I Need help writing my resume
You want The Pit to help you write a resume?
What kind of job are you applying for? Jizz mopper or smth?

... anyway, don't just list the title of your previous work.
a short description of what you did. the tasks involved.

List any hobbies the display special skills or knowledge.
Like html programming or anything similar.

List any technical classes that you took in HS, like chemistry, physics, trig or w/e.

Have you done any charitable work or public service, like JayCees or Habitat for Humanity?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
exaggerated penis size if you're applying to a female boss, picture of nude wife if applying to aging male boss.
Quote by CoreysMonster
exaggerated penis size if you're applying to a female boss

I have no need to exaggerate.
Cool thanks. I'm updating my resume at this very moment. Does anyone else have any advice before I start sending it out?
Quote by GoldenBlues
So I’ve been working as a landscaper for the past three years. While I enjoy working outdoors and it’s kept me in good shape, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not what I want to do with the rest of my life.

Seriously landscaping mostly involves mostly pushing wheelbarrows all day, its mind numbingly dull and very unsatisfying. So I’m looking for a new line of work and I need help with my resume. It’s been three years since I’ve last written one and I can’t remember what I’m supposed to put on it.

This is what I have so far...

Personal information
(name, age, email, phone number)

Education

Completed highschool in 2006.

Work history
Worked as an apprentice landscape gardener for (company name).

December 2006 – October 2009.

Personal qualities
• Hard worker
• Punctual and reliable
• Enthusiastic work attitude
• Team worker
• Organised

References
Fomer boss

Seriously I wrote everything in huge text and put big gaps between each section and it’s still only ¾ of a page, wtf?
Any ideas?

Start Your Resume with Resume objective First.

Work Experience:
Period write period of work)

I google resume objective for you http://www.sampleresumeobjectives.org

Good luck.
-syed-
Last edited by syed2011 at Jul 2, 2011,
WHY was this bumped? *report*
oh, advertising, probably. Still reported.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .