hey guys for quite some time i had been using 0.9 strings on my electric and its only when i restrung today with a pack of 0.10's that my playing sounded dramatically cleaner.

does anyone know why this would happen?
you might be pushing down TOO hard on the frets, which causes the string to have a slight bend, creating a slightly out note, with the 10's obviously thicker making the extra force you use with the 9's balanced for the 10's
2 reasons. 10s are less likely to be influenced by the small inaccuracies we all make in our playing, so they tend to make us sound more consistent. Also, 10s have a stronger, clearer sound for the pickups, so we experience better definition.
Remember also, that old strings will sound pretty dull anyway, so going up a gauge tends to give your clarity a double boost.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

i hate using light string gauges because they don't resonate as long, and the high strings are often quieter then the lower.
The Dude abides
I didnt think there was that much of a difference between 0.9's and 0.10's

For sounding clearer, a thicker string should resonate more ..
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

It's easier to pick the .9's, I'd suggest using heavy picks.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Lower tension means you pick them and finger them with less pressure, and you're applying the same amount of pressure - you're "overshooting" the string with the pick. That's my explanation.

I personally can't play with anything below .0095's on a 25.5" guitar - or .011's on a 24.75" guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^ yup. light strings flab too much.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Light strings have too much give, 10;s seem a little harder to bend at first but they are easier to play fast on and sound beefier.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.