i just attempted my first string changing, and if they arnt wrapped around the tuning knob thingos prefectly (a bit loose), will they go out of tune easily or cause some problems?

i can provide a picture if people need clarification on "shit stringing job"
It's fine really, it just looks bad but it doesnt really affect the tuning stability...
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
its one of those things that you get better every time you do it..

So how did you string it?

EDIT: Sorry ... really cant tell much from that pic
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Last edited by Tatsumaru at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by LiquidFear
fuzzy as christ, but they arnt wrapped around the knobs tightly, on the last 3 or 4 anyway

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6346/img00269.jpg

Okay it doesn't look too bad but if you're still worried about them you might still be able to re-string them but they look they might hold for the time being. Although I'm merely guessing, try using the 'macro' setting on your camera.
^ most likely a mobile pic ... try holding your hand steady
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

all i got is a camera on my phone, best pic i can get.

and to the guy who asked how i stringed it, i just followed some tutorials on utoob
but now i needa fix the bridge, since its not level.

EDIT: pic aint getting any better, heres a paint recreation, as it suggests, its loose around the knob, so its not tight all the way around, and the rest is like 5-6 inches out, but i just need to cut the ends of it.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1930/70065678.png (dats sum pro paint)
Last edited by LiquidFear at Nov 9, 2009,
well you will find after a while if they are tight or not cuz your guitar will keep going out of tune. Just remember to stretch them a lot and returne a few times. In the worst case scenario you can just restring them.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka

Ive not long done my first strings change, I was following a video I found on youtube showing me how, the 3 low strings came out like yours but the high strings weren't too bad, I guess its just experience, I definatly had a tough time with it, they seem to hold tuning ok.
click the green link in my sig.

the first page explains stringing and how to adjust the bridge.

if you have questions look at that page. then ask questions.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Like the others have said, you will get better each time you do it.

As for it coming out of tune, new strings have to stretch. So, tune them , then carefully pull up an each one (about 1-2" should do) and retune. Repeat as needed. If you get slippage at the post, then wind it back up. It will stabilize.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77