okay soo i've seen ts9's modded to be the same as ts808's. i don't know much about mods so i'm thinking of buying an already modded ts9. out of these which would be best? both are modded. this first one or this second one? or should i buy a stock ts9 and mod it myself? does it even need to be modded? is there much difference in tone and quality? thanks

EDIT: or this? same as this?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Limited Edition
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
Last edited by xXguitard00dXx at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by WtrPlyr
You can also buy a TS808

really?
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
Quote by WtrPlyr
Yes

is it the same as the vintage ones? could you give me a link to one? and then what's the point of modding as ts9 to ts808 then?
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
haha okay thanks man!!! also does the ts808 need modding then? and how do i go about modding it myself? should i just buy it modded from here otherwise?
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
The difference as all DIY stompbox sites states are two resistors ad the end of the circuit on the output stage just past the last transistor buffer (other than that, the two TS circuits are exactly the same, mind you i've only worked with TS9 circuit, but when i make my clones i put in the 808 values) tonal characteristics should be approximately the same, but the only difference in the end of the circuit are the low-pass high pass filters.

on the TS9 the combination is 470R 10uf (cap) to output decoupled with 100k to ground, on the TS808 it is 100R 10uF and 10K, tonally i dont remember if any sounds better, just for your consideration, it would be easy to buy a TS9 and mod it, OR buy a clone kit and DIY with true bypass instead of stock FET switching (which does color your note)

regarding Keely modded stomps, i head he makes them true bypass and changes resistors from 5% carbon to 1% metal film which should give them a more precise response...

my opinion - DIY, its cheaper, and you can do any mods you like, or buy stock and mod, dont waste extra $50-$200 for a change of resistors and $8 true bypass switch
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
or you could buy the maxon od808 which to me sounds even better.
http://d1058730.i105.quadrahosting.com.au/shop/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=28&products_id=104&Global-Vintage=j9pjo3j093rbdj9oubf7ggsho1
same circuit as the orginal, brand new and only $30 more then those other ones on ebay. you can get those blokes at that shop to post it to you as well.

i don't know why but those maxon pedals are like half the price of the ibanez pedals here in aus. first time we don't get screwed.
Quote by joe_k
or you could buy the maxon od808 which to me sounds even better.
http://d1058730.i105.quadrahosting.com.au/shop/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=28&products_id=104&Global-Vintage=j9pjo3j093rbdj9oubf7ggsho1
same circuit as the orginal, brand new and only $30 more then those other ones on ebay. you can get those blokes at that shop to post it to you as well.

i don't know why but those maxon pedals are like half the price of the ibanez pedals here in aus. first time we don't get screwed.

haha sick! sounds good then!!! alright i'll prolly do that! thank you everyone else as well for all your help!
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
Quote by joe_k
no worries dude.

thanks
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
Maxon OD9 or OD808. OD9 is sharper and modern. OD808 is smoother and creamier to my ears.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Quote by georgakis187
Maxon OD9 or OD808. OD9 is sharper and modern. OD808 is smoother and creamier to my ears.

okay well i'll to hear em both them. thanks
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
Quote by georgakis187

damn i'm not sure which one to get now lol. they both seem good. but od9 looks just like the ts9? and the od808 like the ts808. does that mean they sound the same as well? or close to each other?
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
ibanez ts9 or maxon od9? or ibanez ts808 or maxon od808? :S
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
Used to own the maxon OD808. Its not true bypass, which is the only thing i disliked about it. The Maxon OD9 is true bypass. They both have the original JRC chips that made the first tubescreamers famous.

I d say OD9 just cause its true bypass. Its a little more modern, and its supposed to be the better one of the two for boosting your amps already overdrive sound. Thats just me tho
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Quote by georgakis187
Used to own the maxon OD808. Its not true bypass, which is the only thing i disliked about it. The Maxon OD9 is true bypass. They both have the original JRC chips that made the first tubescreamers famous.

I d say OD9 just cause its true bypass. Its a little more modern, and its supposed to be the better one of the two for boosting your amps already overdrive sound. Thats just me tho

haha alright then. cheers dude!
Gear:
Yamaha Acoustic
Vox AC15cc1x
Boss DS-1
Vox V847a
MI Audio Crunch Box
i personally like the od808 better. the bypass on the maxons i'm sure would be top notch. also buy the maxon version over the ibanez version of whatever one you choose.