Hey im just wondering, out of the instructional dvds that are out there which ones are the better ones for a beginner guitarist. Ive been playing for a few months now ive got a teacher that i see weekly/fortnightly so im just after a dvd more just to pick up exercises and such to help make a structured routine with instead of just trying to learn a song or a solo as practice.

I have already searched the topic and noticed john petrucci's rock discipline mentioned a few times would this be suitable for a beginner.. are there any others that come highly recommended? Cheers.
Quote by futurehope
and i need dvds for advanced player ..

Look for any DVDs with these names in them (These are all metal genre though):
-Rusty Cooley
-Jeff Loomis
-Metal Edge / Andy James
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
I'd say for a beginner, check out John Petrucci's Rock Discipline, Marty Friedman's Melodic Control, and Paul Gilbert's Technical Difficulties. And yes those guys are pretty advanced too, but I find they explain their stuff really well.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Last edited by Junior#1 at Nov 9, 2009,