My birhtday is almost coming so that means new gear. Especially a new amp. I was looking at the blackheart little ant, the little giant and epiphone valve junior. Which one would be the best pick?

And also I have a zoom g9.2 tt but Its a little too much for what I use, Is it a good idea to sell the zoom and buy some stompboxes?

Thanks
Last edited by niels-uiterwaal at Nov 9, 2009,
How much have you got to spend on an amp.
What Genres of music do you play?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
How much have you got to spend on an amp.
What Genres of music do you play?

Mostly the swellers blink sum all that crap, also little bit blues and sometimes I do some soloing.

My budget is around 250€
Solos aren't genres.
Try the Vox AC4TV. Get the head and cab for the 12 inch speaker.
Some guy on here has a NAD with one and did a Blink clip. It sounded perfect, one of the closest recordings to the actual song I've ever heard.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
I know but how are the blackheart's I quite liked them.

Oh and would It be a good idea to get rid of my zoom g9.2 tt and buy some smaller pedals?
If you have tried them and liked them I would get a Blackheart instead. If you don't like/use the effets on it, then yes I would sell it.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
If you have tried them and liked them I would get a Blackheart instead. If you don't like/use the effets on it, then yes I would sell it.

And what kind of stompboxes should I buy then?

I was thinking of a Boss ds-1, harley benton delay pedal, volume pedal for playing with my band and an eq. Would that be enough?
I normally stay away from Boss distortions/overdrives because I find them quite thin and harsh. How much money have you got to spend on pedals?
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
I normally stay away from Boss distortions/overdrives because I find them quite thin and harsh. How much money have you got to spend on pedals?

Ill probably will sell my zoom for around 300€ so that's what I can spend but I'd rather save some of that money up to buy a new guitar later.
Possibly either a Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9 or MXR GT-OD, for delay - EHX Memory Boy is meant to be quite good and for EQ, get a danelectro Fish N Chips
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
Possibly either a Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9 or MXR GT-OD, for delay - EHX Memory Boy is meant to be quite good and for EQ, get a danelectro Fish N Chips

And what would be better for a 200€ budget?
Get a new guitar before you focus on pedals.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Get a new guitar before you focus on pedals.

The guitar I have isn't that bad, but I want a strat model too so that's why I wanted too save a little up
if you're going to sell the zoom you could also consider putting some of that into a better amp- you might not need so many pedals if the amp does it out of the box.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you're going to sell the zoom you could also consider putting some of that into a better amp- you might not need so many pedals if the amp does it out of the box.

Is a blackheart amp that bad then? I get your point though but I like to add the effects while they are on the ground if you know what I mean
i dunno, i haven't tried it. Just most of those low wattage valve amps, the cheaper ones, anyway, are kinda one-trick ponies. if you need a bigger range of tones, you might be better to get an amp which can do them. up to you, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?