UG Gig: 20th Of November Sneaky Pete's; Harvest The Sun, SemperFi + So She Said

Page 1 of 2
Hello,

it's that time again for a UG Gig for "The Pit".

This months gig will be taking place at Sneaky Pete's, Edinburgh, on the 20th of November.

Most of you have been screaming for a metal gig, so here you are!

Harvest The Sun - myspace.com/harvestthesun
So She Said - myspace.com/soshesaidband
SemperFi - myspace.com/semperfiaberdeen

Tickets are £4 on the door and the proceedings begin at 7pm. Guestlist entry is £3

Come down, enjoy some awesome music, meet fellow UG'ers and appear in our video journal :P

GuestList:

Dopey_Trout
cracktheskye90
EMGs_rule
voodoochild13
WeeSheza
Mario128
FrenchyFungus x2
Orinally Posted by HorridxHopes

This is the smartest question ever posted in the pit. I commend you.

I asked about theory of reality and this is what someone said to me!
Last edited by mario128 at Nov 19, 2009,
woo!

i'll be there, representing my friends band (harvest the sun)

if ye like yer metal its well worth it!
Quote by Martindecorum
In light of organizing our own, how many people would be interested in a Perth, WA, AUstralian one

I can give you a hand with that, obviously not for contacts because I don't know anyone in Australia, but I can certainly help with keeping things coherent

woo!

Bring as many people as physically possible, also if you wanna help out spreading the word about this gig, then PM me and we'll get something sorted

Last edited by mario128 at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by voodoochild13
woo!

Harvest The Sun AND UG...

I have long dreamt of this moment.
Quote by WeeSheza

Well get down and support them! Colin and that are chuffed to bits about this!

Quote by WeeSheza

that makes two of us.

yeah basically, harvest the sun are going to dominate this crowd.

but it can still be UG orientated... ish.

is anyone going early? for a sit nd chat?

does sneaky petes even have a bar for this to be possible? lol.
I've played with Harvest the Sun before and I must say, they were fvcking awesome!
i hope my saas comes through by then

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by voodoochild13
that makes two of us.

yeah basically, harvest the sun are going to dominate this crowd.

but it can still be UG orientated... ish.

is anyone going early? for a sit nd chat?

does sneaky petes even have a bar for this to be possible? lol.

sneaky pete's has a bar aye. ill be the guy on the door probably!

and yes HTS are awesome! everyone make sure your there

awesome!

where'd you find my poster dude?

was on HTS's myspace :P

just thought id brighten up this thread a little/give it a well needed bump.

Quote by Guitarlord44
I should really try organizing one for the NY/NJ area

hey drop me a message and ill send you some details

Quote by soulflyV
If Australia were to have a UG gig, it would have to be in either Melbourne or Sydney.

That's where the most Aus UGers are from.

It would be nice to have one in brissy though. I would love to go to one of these.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
if uni wasnt taking up all my time i'd have one in stirling or glasgow, damn you university!

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by EMGs_rule
if uni wasnt taking up all my time i'd have one in stirling or glasgow, damn you university!

dude im at Uni to

As long as you get yourself along to the one on Friday. Just make sure and introduce yourself ?

We're still working on moving out from Edinburgh, and, even though London was a little hit and miss, DeliriumBassist is planning to help us out in Lincoln, while jimmy_neutron is helping us in Ireland.

The third band playing on the twentieth, SemperFi, got the position just by sending me an e-mail and offering their services. If your band wants some free publicity then please get in touch with either Jon or myself and we'll sort out a show for you.
Quote by mario128
dude im at Uni to

As long as you get yourself along to the one on Friday. Just make sure and introduce yourself ?

im on a 5 day course and have to travel from stirling to glasgow

i think imma start organising one, but it'll be slower than usual lol

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by EMGs_rule
im on a 5 day course and have to travel from stirling to glasgow

i think imma start organising one, but it'll be slower than usual lol

are you coming along to my one on Friday? If so let me know who you are. Introduce yourself to anyone and you'll be pointed in my direction. We'll get talking about your gig. What exactly are you studying?

Also, have you met anyone from UG before who you are bringing along/are you bringing anyone period?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Btw, anyone who says they're going but doesn't gets a perma

all people who will be attending and who want on the guestlist, leave a message in here notifying you want on the guestlist

It means cheaper entry and a good ole handshake!

Me and a couple of my mates shall definitely be attending this shindig
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Me and a couple of my mates shall definitely be attending this shindig

would you like me to add your name to the guestlist with a plus of X?

Quote by mario128
would you like me to add your name to the guestlist with a plus of X?

Yes please
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
this is so awesome. please dont forget to introduce yourself to me! We're having a raffle for a CD. Any suggestions as to what CD we should buy for the occasion?

nice i would be there but every time theres a UG gig i cant make it.I mean last time you had backlash on and they are pretty good :P know the guitarist personally was in my german class for 2 years lol and all we did was talk bout music and not bother.

If you have one nearer Christmas i might rope a mate into coming aswell cause i might have money lol.Also keep an eye out for 2 central scottish bands called Breaching Copyright and Purpose Failed they are local to me and pretty awesome imo oh and the almighty Slabheed :P

just thought i would suggest a few bands i know cause that would increase the likelyhood of a big lot of us coming along :P
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by Razgriz_101
nice i would be there but every time theres a UG gig i cant make it.I mean last time you had backlash on and they are pretty good :P know the guitarist personally was in my german class for 2 years lol and all we did was talk bout music and not bother.

If you have one nearer Christmas i might rope a mate into coming aswell cause i might have money lol.Also keep an eye out for 2 central scottish bands called Breaching Copyright and Purpose Failed they are local to me and pretty awesome imo oh and the almighty Slabheed :P

just thought i would suggest a few bands i know cause that would increase the likelyhood of a big lot of us coming along :P

hey,

ive put on purpose failed before and no one turned up. but your right they are one awesome band! and i know slabheed as well. I offered them to play tomorrow but they declined. get along to this one, this is the last edinburgh one of the year! we're going out with a bang.

raffles cd suggestions anyone?

hmm... what about the UG album!?

looking forward to getting nice and soaked getting there tomorrow night already :/ haha!
Quote by voodoochild13
hmm... what about the UG album!?

looking forward to getting nice and soaked getting there tomorrow night already :/ haha!

This is an album I am putting together of all the best bands who have played the pit rally. I have about 4 bands so I'm looking for more UG bands to send in their demos to me and donate tracks. The cd will be available on iTunes and some music stores as well.

And yes, it's pissing down, im just back from town, and I got soaked!

Lookin' forward to meeting VoodooChild13 and all the other UG'ers tomorrow night....7pm, sharp.

Add your names in this thread people if you want on the guestlist

Quote by mario128
hey,

ive put on purpose failed before and no one turned up. but your right they are one awesome band! and i know slabheed as well. I offered them to play tomorrow but they declined. get along to this one, this is the last edinburgh one of the year! we're going out with a bang.

raffles cd suggestions anyone?

I could try organising one through in well its not a big place but we can draw maybe a youger crowd is in Bo'ness at some point but life would kinda deter me from doing it and Edi's jus down the road on the train from Linlithgow.Theres a few cool bands through this way right now :P and im kinda getting into going to the odd ReLoaded in Stirling when i have cash

But i cant make it already planning a house party for tonight parents buggered off to inverness if it was tomorrow night i would have been more than game tbh i will defo make an appearance at one next year :P i only heard bout Purpose Failed when i seen em at Reckifest(showcase of local bands from the bo'ness area).

Ug gigs must be cursed for me i always end up double booked i really wish i could go but a few of my mates would be rather pissed off cause we been planning a get together for a while.

Oh yeah ask Slabheed if your ever talking to em about a gig in Fisons and 3 headbangers with long hair one was me im a bit notorious for starting pits or helping.
Guitar Gear

Bass Gear
Quote by Razgriz_101
I could try organising one through in well its not a big place but we can draw maybe a youger crowd is in Bo'ness at some point but life would kinda deter me from doing it and Edi's jus down the road on the train from Linlithgow.Theres a few cool bands through this way right now :P and im kinda getting into going to the odd ReLoaded in Stirling when i have cash

But i cant make it already planning a house party for tonight parents buggered off to inverness if it was tomorrow night i would have been more than game tbh i will defo make an appearance at one next year :P i only heard bout Purpose Failed when i seen em at Reckifest(showcase of local bands from the bo'ness area).

Ug gigs must be cursed for me i always end up double booked i really wish i could go but a few of my mates would be rather pissed off cause we been planning a get together for a while.

Oh yeah ask Slabheed if your ever talking to em about a gig in Fisons and 3 headbangers with long hair one was me im a bit notorious for starting pits or helping.

sounds awesome man

you should bring all ur mates down then back to yours for more drink and stuff! thats a proper house party if you ask me haha tonight it going to be proper rockin' HTS will tear sneaky pete's a new one!

Last time I put them on at a venue, they literally ripped the walls apart

why would you wanna miss that?!

Quote by mario128
sounds awesome man

you should bring all ur mates down then back to yours for more drink and stuff! thats a proper house party if you ask me haha tonight it going to be proper rockin' HTS will tear sneaky pete's a new one!

Last time I put them on at a venue, they literally ripped the walls apart

why would you wanna miss that?!

i might come but im thinking what train station should i get off at? cause i aint got a clue in some parts of Edinburgh lol.Also i barely have £20 right now so i would need to drink before i went.

Cant bring any of my friends a lot of them aint 18 yet im the only 18 year old the now till next weekend LMAO which sucks for me and they aint really metal people cept for a couple and he's 18 next week but working he would have prolly chanced it at the door LMAO.

Cause a few of them are like i might come if im getting maybe's for my house party im just gonna be like K..only thing is i need to get to Linlithgow for the train and all that i wouldnt be able to buy drink or shiz cause my student loan aint been paid yet as i aint been able to get to my college and get the ball rolling and the paayment thing says awaiting NI even tho i provided info >

I might appear if you can tell me directions from whatever train station i might try and talk a mate who i aint seen in ages to going..Altho i need an answer in the next hour prolly.

Im really really tempted but with my cash being a little tight :S and my parents are in Inverness so i cant ask for money right now.Unless i phoned them :O but they would fret like hell and the fact i dunno what time bus's stop in linlithgow at night to boness :S but the 6a should still be goin.
Guitar Gear

Bass Gear
Page 1 of 2