hey guys...

so I don't know much about guitar recording, but I have a friend who told me that if I want to record electric guitars, I need an interface, or module, I don't know what you call it in english, but something like the M-Audio Fast Track pro. But then, you also need a preamp with it, and theeen, plug your giutar in, and use Guitar Rig for the effects, or whatever, and Audition, just to say something.

As you guys can tell, I am no pro or anything, but I want to have an average recording quality for some ideas I have, and I want to record them.

Which preamp would you guys recommend me to use? My budget is not too big, so something not bad, and for a decent price would be appreciated.

Thanks!
What you need depends on what you are using for equipment right now.

- Do you want to mic an amp? ... Need preamp
- Do you use pedals and want to record directly from them? .... Need DI box with cab sim
- Are you currently using a multifx unit? ... Need just a cable and sound card input
- Using headphone/line out from amp? ... Need just a cable and sound card input
- Got nothing but guitar? ... Need a Pod Studio.
Quote by FalconPunch
hey guys...

so I don't know much about guitar recording, but I have a friend who told me that if I want to record electric guitars, I need an interface, or module, I don't know what you call it in english, but something like the M-Audio Fast Track pro. But then, you also need a preamp with it, and theeen, plug your giutar in, and use Guitar Rig for the effects, or whatever, and Audition, just to say something.

As you guys can tell, I am no pro or anything, but I want to have an average recording quality for some ideas I have, and I want to record them.

Which preamp would you guys recommend me to use? My budget is not too big, so something not bad, and for a decent price would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The M-Audio has a built in preamp. Just install the drivers for the interface, plug your guitar in, and record. To record just run guitar rig as a vst plugin in audition.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Quote by Lt.DustyBanana
The M-Audio has a built in preamp. Just install the drivers for the interface, plug your guitar in, and record. To record just run guitar rig as a vst plugin in audition.

thanks a lot man!!! that's what I needed to hear... =)