damn dude! great job writing the drums!! it makes me sick to think that there are probably drummers out there who can play that too.

now, get some recording equipment and lets hear it on real instruments!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

It was pretty good. The problem with this genre is that most of it is just wanking. The sweeps and light melodies are enjoyable, but nothing is really memorable. When you actually consider the composition, a majority of the riffs are meaningless. Technical death metal has no real atmosphere, its just constant movement around the fretboard for no real reason. That said, it is enjoyable and I listen to this kind of music some times just for the hell of it. Perhaps because I stand in awe in how amazing these guitarists are. If you would record this and what not, people would probably love it. I would definitely be interested in hear a recorded version. All of the instruments you have are well composed. I would consider including some slower sections (aside from the acoustic intro/outro) and maybe some strange melodic/shoegaze type of riffs. For me that is the big difference between good and bad technical death metal. The ability to slow things down so I don't feel like I am listening to the same monotonous stuff even if the riffs are changing a thousand times.

EDIT: Feel free to comment this in return if you so desire: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1224160
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Last edited by Ulalume at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by Ulalume
It was pretty good. The problem with this genre is that most of it is just wanking. The sweeps and light melodies are enjoyable, but nothing is really memorable. When you actually consider the composition, a majority of the riffs are meaningless. Technical death metal has no real atmosphere, its just constant movement around the fretboard for no real reason. That said, it is enjoyable and I listen to this kind of music some times just for the hell of it. Perhaps because I stand in awe in how amazing these guitarists are. If you would record this and what not, people would probably love it. I would definitely be interested in hear a recorded version. All of the instruments you have are well composed. I would consider including some slower sections (aside from the acoustic intro/outro) and maybe some strange melodic/shoegaze type of riffs. For me that is the big difference between good and bad technical death metal. The ability to slow things down so I don't feel like I am listening to the same monotonous stuff even if the riffs are changing a thousand times.

EDIT: Feel free to comment this in return if you so desire: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1224160

You hít the nail on the head, I write these as jokes, exactly for that reason
Damn you are awesome . I can see joke hidden somewhere in this, but awesome work anyway! It's true techdeath is wanking, but I like myself wanking.
Solos 10/10.
Riffs 9/10.
No bass

8/10 whole song .
I suppose that is why you label it as cheesey. haha. Ironically if you add a bit more like I said, it would probably be more like top notch technical death metal.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Sounds very Suffocation-like, with a side a ridiculous Origin sweeps.

Even though this was written with a hint of irony, I actually have to say, this is better than a lot of the GP tech.death I hear. Some riffs that really stood out to me would be the opening tech.death riff (I hear a lot of SoP/ Suffocation in this), bar 104, and the backing chords to the solo in bar 154.

Overall, great job on this. I would say that there's a bit too much constant soloing, but I guess that's the point of it

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1228055
Damn you, my ears are filled with cheese now.
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Cheesy or not this is actually a pretty damn good tech death piece, I liked it. 9/10

bar 103 transition to bar 104 = ****ing awesome

sweeps @ bar 140 makes me want to bludgeon a small child with a large fish of some sort

bar 144 was my fav. part in terms of the leads/solos that you have in that piece, great job and keep writing! Cheese or not, you got skills.
"Our revenge so everlasting sweet,
Enslave your Children, Behead the weak,
Kill every last Man, Woman and Machine
The cleansing has begun.
Your meek defense is foolish,
we come from the stars a trillion strong."
Last edited by cptazad at Nov 11, 2009,