For christmas im asking for a BOSS chorus effect pedal. Im prob going to be buying a new amp. its going to be a crate, i just dont alot about it, i know it just sounds good.
The point of this is me asking is the BOSS chorus good? Im going to be playin like Nirvana's Smells like teen spirit solo and Aerials by SOAD. Thanks fellas. peace
Current Gear:
Fender Squire Strat
DOD Death Medal Distortion pedal
ESP LTD H-300 *YEA SON*
Fender Squire amp *BOO*
whats your budget for your amp and pedal?

and location?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Kurt Cobain used an Electro-harmonix Small Clone - for that really lush chorus sound.
I'm not a big fan at all of any type of Boss Chorus - I'd recommend you at LEAST try out the Small Clone first -

or if you can find it - an Arion Stereo Chorus. You can only get them used, but if you're lucky it could run you anywhere from 15 to 30 bucks. It's a cheap pedal in a plastic enclosure - but its an AWESOME chorus pedal - it's what I use and I've owned a few different choruses, including Boss and Ibanez.
Small Clones are the great and pretty standard. I like mine but I'm eventually gonna replace it with a vintage Clone Theory, which Kurt Cobain used also. Check out old Boss chorus pedals like the CE-2, and the Arion SCH-1 is great too.

I'm pretty sure Daron Malakian doesn't use any chorus...
Do not get the CE-5 or whatever is the newest. If you get a Boss Chorus the only ones that'll do are the CE-1 and CE-2.

But I'll say go for the Small Clone. It's cheaper, has better bypass and sounds better. Downside is that it's not as adjustable as the Boss.

tl;dr Go for the Small Clone.
Yeah, like everyone's said, go for the EHX Small Clone. It's the best in its price range.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
i dunno, i prefer the tonerider one, the small clone was a bit dark for me. But it is the one on come as you are, as far as i'm aware, so if that's the tone you want...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
alright fellas thanks! im guna get the small clone. thanks
Current Gear:
Fender Squire Strat
DOD Death Medal Distortion pedal
ESP LTD H-300 *YEA SON*
Fender Squire amp *BOO*
Small Clone is the first pedal I ever heard that I would describe as sounding "beautiful". It's the best chorus effect I've ever heard.

Edit: You decided already. Good choice, though!
As much as people love to slag it off, I tried loads of choruses in the studio and ultimately wound up using a CH-1 with all the knobs set to 11- I then went out and bought one. Sure, it sounds 'cold', but that's the general sound of chorus in modern music.

The only way to know what's best for you is to go out and try all the options.