I've joined Goregrind/death metal band and I've never listend really to goregrind and haven't got any experience on this kind of music.
Any recommends for me? (Yes I'm bassist)

I think I will play a little bit alex webster style (as good as I can).

EDIT:Influences are Cannibal corpse, torture killer and many goregrind bands.
Last edited by xbitmetal at Nov 9, 2009,
I play in a solo deathgrind project called colorectal cancer (Bass, vocals, drums - you can find it on myspace). My basic advice is:
1. If you choose to use overdrive, play with as much gain as possible. If you want your bass without overdrive, i'd still go with a slightly distorted sound (Like, when the input is clipping, check out neoanderthalls to see what I mean).
2. Don't play everything EXACTLY as the guitarist, ie. if they are playing 4/4 of 1/8th palm muted notes, do some harmonics in between.
Thanks for hints . I've thinked myself to use deep tone without distrotion. But don't know yet, I'm kinda exited. Also I got something in my mind with harmonizing the sound (using tritone makes it kinda brutal).

Edit: Funny stuff you have made
Last edited by xbitmetal at Nov 9, 2009,
Listen to Gorerotted - Only Tools and Corpses; Mutilated in Minutes, and Cryptopsy - Blasphemy Made Flesh; None so Vile if you want something to aim for considering bass tone and goregrind.

As for anything else, i've got no idea.
Quote by xbitmetal
Thanks for hints . I've thinked myself to use deep tone without distrotion. But don't know yet, I'm kinda exited. Also I got something in my mind with harmonizing the sound (using tritone makes it kinda brutal).

Edit: Funny stuff you have made

I call my stuff lolgrind for a reason I'm mainly focusing on the comedy aspect of grindcore

And about your tone, try getting a mid heavy tone, loose the trebble and use a little bit of bass and use a pick; OR get a trebble and low heavy sound using fingers, plus over-do the input gain to get some crunch. These are some really great tones for this kind of music. I can tell you, you wouldn't believe how many sounds I went through to get to where I'm at now.
Thanks for information . I'm playing mainly on melodic death metal band, and the tune I use in it changes alot. Sometimes distrotion, sometimes low as hell, so I kinda know the feeling.
Quote by xbitmetal
Thanks for information . I'm playing mainly on melodic death metal band, and the tune I use in it changes alot. Sometimes distrotion, sometimes low as hell, so I kinda know the feeling.

Yea. I mainly play oldschool death metal, like morbid angel, carcass (see my signature for my band), but I also play folk metal , classical, funk, grindcore, rock - all with different sounds in mind.
Cattle Decapitation (classified as Deathgrind, but generally the same)
Torso****
Rotten Sound
Anal ****
Cephalic Carnage

Great bands right there, they should help you out a bit. Though most are Grindcore, they should be good
CANNIBAL CORPSE

When the silence is gone, what have we become?
Exhumed.

get a decent tone with lots of punch+mids+high mids and some slight overdrive
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Ah I know Rotten sound. It's awesome !
Ok thanks all, I'll see what to do!
go check out last days of humanity, early carcass, gorecock, etc on myspace
Quote by hellzenn
go check out last days of humanity, early carcass, gorecock, etc on myspace

I fully agree on ye olde carcass. Even tho I like swansong and heartwork, Symphonies Of Sickness is a masterpiece, my band, morbid butchery, covers their "Reek Of Putrefaction" - one of the best songs