I recently started playing guitar in a metal band. I want to be able to play in Drop C without my strings being too loose, but i want to be able to tune back up to standard tuning. ( I was told in order to have tighter strings in drop C, I would have to buy strings specifically made for D Standard.) what gauge strings should i use?
Hmm, I think 11-48s but it really depends, some ppl like heavy strings for tone, others want easy bends
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
They'd probably do. If you don't like the feel, maybe go up to 11s, but I tend to find 10s are fine for me in D/drop C, if a little on the loose side.
I use 11-50 for D-standard, on my 25.5" scale guitar, so I'd try something in that area. Possibly 11-52. They'll be quite tough on standard tuning, compared to normal on electric guitars, but If you ever play acousic (western/folk) guitars, that shouldn't be a problem
Quote by leony03
Ernie Ball, skinny bottom, heavy top. Best strings iv ever used for down tunings

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ERN2215

Ubber noob question (bare with me):

The link says "Skinny top, heavy bottom". which one is right? and, the heavy part goes on the head stock, and the skinny part goes on the bridge, right?
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
Quote by KrlzGmz
Ubber noob question (bare with me):

The link says "Skinny top, heavy bottom". which one is right? and, the heavy part goes on the head stock, and the skinny part goes on the bridge, right?

:-D no^^ It just means the high strings are "skinny" 11's compared to 13s or more and the lower strings are heavy. 52 (low e) compared to, sth like 42s^^
Lol, I started reading some reviews and i understood it.. i was like
thanks man
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
Quote by jjaw
:-D no^^ It just means the high strings are "skinny" 11's compared to 13s or more and the lower strings are heavy. 52 (low e) compared to, sth like 42s^^

lol yeah :P
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot