i can cover many metal bands , but i feel really limited about my playing when the question comes about my own composed solo, m not really good with that , if i apply various techniques like sweep, alternate picking, arpeggios, running notes according to certain modes etccc,,, it sounds something crap i really dont want
suppose i learned what notes are required for D dorian mode, but if i run through that,and apply some techniques on those notes , its something i dont want, not like those great solos i have covered from many legend guitarists

how can i have that power to actually create my own staffs now ?
i created some melody with my own, people liked that , but on that case i didnt really follow any mode or scale,i just played what my ears felt good

so i hope now u knw my problem --if i waned to compose my own according to theory , i suck , what should i do ?
Last edited by COBHC912 at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by COBHC912
i can cover many metal bands , but i feel really limited about my playing when the question comes about my own composed solo, m not really good with that , if i apply various techniques like sweep, alternate picking, arpeggios, running notes according to certain modes etccc,,, it sounds something crap i really dont want
suppose i learned what notes are required for D dorian mode, but if i run through that,and apply some techniques on those notes , its something i dont want, not like those great solos i have covered from many legend guitarists

how can i have that power to actually create my own staffs now ?
i created some melody with my own, people liked that , but on that case i didnt really follow any mode or scale,i just played what my ears felt good

so i hope now u knw my problem --if i waned to compose my own according to theory , i suck , what should i do ?

get a metronome or a drum loop
record a rhythm
pick out the root chords, make sure your solo notes land on them
hit stuff in the key that your rhythm is in
thats a solo
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Don't play the notes just because you can, play them because you want to.

You have to know where you're going with a solo, how it compliments the rhythm section and what sound you are looking for. If you want to build to a climax a run of really fast notes might be appropriate, then at the climax hit a single note and hold it. You better know what that notes in though, if you're in D dorian and the note you choose to hold is a B, the real flavour note of D dorian, it's going to sound cack if at the point the chord you're playing over is a C...

Seriously if you're stuggling to write good solos then drop your speed right back and try and make the best solo you can playing only 2 notes per bar - then picking the right note and timing within the bar becomes much more important. if you play a bend on note 1 you better be able to hold it for a whole bar without it clashing
doive
raimo
bi-ah!

i will focus through ur advises..thanks a bundle
Last edited by COBHC912 at Nov 9, 2009,
make up your own scale for a chord progression. you gotta feel the notes, not play them in any order you'd like. then it comes out as a bunch of shit. slow down, dont even worry about applying advanced techniques, cuz it sounds like youre not even close to utilizing them to their full effect yet.

again, feel the notes, feel the timing, and you'll get it in time
Quote by shanethestoner
make up your own scale for a chord progression. you gotta feel the notes, not play them in any order you'd like. then it comes out as a bunch of shit. slow down, dont even worry about applying advanced techniques, cuz it sounds like youre not even close to utilizing them to their full effect yet.

again, feel the notes, feel the timing, and you'll get it in time

thnx shanethestoner ...its true, i didnt focus on feeling all the notes of a mode, while shredding.. another mistake i made, i should slow down i think ,and try to make simple solos at the beginning i guess,then i will be able to make good solos i hope \m/
usually i just improvise until i get a take i like. if i dont get anywhere, i might write a solo. and to do that, i usually just improvise, listen back, and pick and choose stuff i like. then i keep going through it and playing the solo until i finish it. just play and if something you like comes out keep it, if not chuck it and do something else until something you like comes along.
A solo is like a song within a song. This means that it needs to have a beginning, middle and an end. Once you have grabbed the listener’s attention with an ear-catching intro, you will need to keep their attention by implementing a well paced Solo. This could mean starting off slowly and building the solo in speed and intensity, until it reaches a climactic ending such as in Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven” song (Led Zeppelin IV) 1971. Or just groove through the solo, letting melodic ideas and catchy phrasing hold the listeners attention to the end as in Bob Marley’s “I shot the sheriff” and “Stir it up” songs (Legend-Best Of Bob Marley). The middle of the Solo or its body should include interesting melodic ideas forming a motive (a short, recurring musical idea) in the form of a repeating melodic or rhythmic phrase. Phrasing: Playing lead Guitar is similar to everyday speech. When you speak, you use pauses, speed variation and dynamics (loud and soft) to make what you are saying more interesting and easier to understand. The same techniques can be applied to playing lead guitar.
============================================
women's shapewear
Sports Competition