I want to learn My First Solo(TM). The past week and a half i've learnt a few Iron Maiden songs, but i've always left out the solo's. I want to learn a solo now, but I want to start off with something easier. Maybe something like AC/DC. Can you guys recommend me a good solo that is good for starting off with soloing?
I started with "Smells like teen spirit" solo yet again that wasn't a long time ago cause I'm newb...
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
I don't get the idea of learning other peoples songs and especially solos. Play your own solos, practice to improvise. It's more important than being able to play a solo from ACDC.
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
If you want a REALLY easy solo, you can start with King Of Fools by Edguy. If you play Iron Maiden rhythm I guess that this solo is too easy for you though, so try Nothing Else Matters or Fade To Black by Metallica, or Tallulah by Sonata Arctica.
Quote by henkka_potku
I don't get the idea of learning other peoples songs and especially solos. Play your own solos, practice to improvise. It's more important than being able to play a solo from ACDC.

It's called challenging yourself. It forces you to get better. And helps you take influence from bands you like. Being able to write on your own is important to, but it's not gonna work if you don't see how other people do it.
I agree with Macabre_Turtle, Why the hate? Like everyone else, he just wants to learn his favorite band's songs and solos. Don't get me wrong, improvising over a backing track is really fun, but learning a solo and playing along with it feels nice. Well, that's what I think..
Quote by deucedeucemr2

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
Highway to Hell is the perfect first solo - it was the first on I learned. Not too long, not too fast but chock full of bread and butter techniques and licks.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Highway to Hell is the perfect first solo - it was the first on I learned. Not too long, not too fast but chock full of bread and butter techniques and licks.

Great! That was the song I was going to cover, anyways.

In the Guitar Pro tab, what do the numbers with {} around them mean? Like {7}. When I press play it's sort of a low-volume sound but I don't think it's palm muting.
Last edited by robinlint at Nov 9, 2009,
I'm noob, and I'm not really sure, but.. I think that means ghost notes? I think you play them softly, so can be barely heard.
Quote by deucedeucemr2

Quote by kstar22bassist

Quote by Venice King
Learning first guitar solo = Guitar Forums

Composing or understanding how they are made = This Forum
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud