I've always had the inability to speak coherently in public. I most of the time make no sense to others, even though what I'm TRYING to express is completely rational. When I talk to others I tend to get stuck on the words I use, and I look like a complete idiot. There are many times when I want to say a word to describe something, and I just can't find the word in my head even though I KNOW which word I want to use, and I have to think a whole minute to let it out.

Now the other problem I have is not being able to define well what others are telling me. I can hear them perfectly, what I can't manage is define what they are saying. What comes into my ear is just a wave of gibberish talking so I find myself ALWAYS saying "what did you say?". This is a constant problem, it happens everyday, every time and friends usually get annoyed for repeating what they said.

I know some people relate to these problems, but my case is extreme. Anyone know why this happens to me?
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
maybe you have a short attention sp.....

oooo look something shiney

Edit: i get it myself my toung is really wide so i have trouble with saying the words right also i drift out of convos and have to ask what did you say?
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Last edited by ryand111 at Nov 9, 2009,
i share the same speaking problem as you, its mainly a problem when im nervous or when im ordering food.
though im good at listening to people.
i have no idea what the cause of it is, prob gets easier the more confident you get.
make sure you have thought about what you are going to say well before you say it, pre-empt the question which will come up, then you'll have to think on your feet less.

You just seem to lack a) public speaking skills 2) emotional intelligence. the first can be easily solved with public speaking skills lessons the second of which can only be improved by talking to lots of people a lot of the time and trying to see things from their perspective. Neither are easy for most people, but smoe find it easier than others.
Read more books and go and see an educational psychiatrist. My mum is a speech and language therapist and she sees plenty of kids with the same sort of problems.
can be a problem if you try and think about what you say next you then go to try and say it panic you might get it wrong and jumble it all up happens to me abit
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Quote by archangels666
There's a word for not being able to remember the exact word you want to use.

But I can't remember what it's called right now.

i hate when that happens. its really annoying wen u stop in the middle of a sentence cause the word left the station b4 u say it.
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.