Page 1 of 2
I mean seriously, DJ hero? guitar heros ok, but now they are just going overboard with all these "____ hero" games

i think id like to play piano hero....
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
Triangle Hero anyone?

Seriously though, Piano Hero, if done right, would kick ass!
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Wouldn't piano hero just be you playing an actual piano?
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
I'm waiting for Hero Hero, where you have to press buttons to make new "___ Hero" games in time with some music.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

They'd better not bring out Piano Hero, I'd definitely get distracted by it and forget about playing real piano.
Quote by archangels666
What, so rock can have rhythm games, but no other genre can?

Rhythm games have been around for a long ass time. It's just that now everyone notices it when you slap the word "Hero" on it.

i just wanna know y the explosion?
Quote by mullet1337
They've already released Band Hero, and they've announced a Drum Hero.

Its getting ridiculous, if they just stuck with the guitar they could have advanced it so much more. Like Added more frets etc.
i think the cause of all the hero brands games is the competion with rock band they are trying to drive it to the ground because its just totaly better than the whole hero brand
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Quote by footsteps7173
i just wanna know y the explosion?

Because Guitar Hero 2 made a lot of money.

Any game that makes a crap ton of money unexpectedly will make other companies stop and say "Hey. We could make a game like that. And we could make ours better so we'd make more money off of it."

Such is the world of corporate competition. Have you ever noticed the billions and billions of worthless WWII FPS games? But no one ever seems to complain when a new one comes out every six months.
Quote by The_Casinator
I really liked that donkey conga game though...

yeah that was a cool game....

the genre shouldn't take itself so serious there would be tons of potential.
I know its been said, but

If people spent the same amount of time on a real instrument as they did playing these games they could play a REAL instrument and be considered and ACTUAL musician.

I have a deep seeded hatred for these games

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Quote by Adam Scott

Its getting ridiculous, if they just stuck with the guitar they could have advanced it so much more. Like Added more frets etc.

Yeah and they could make the controllers out of wood, and maybe put some steel strings on it, and require you to actually strum!

Yeah that'd be awesome...
Quote by Adam Scott

yea. its crazy
Quote by mullet1337
Piano Hero would involve too much work. Unless they used the tiniest keyboard ever, which wouldn't be fun.
Quote by deafening

If people spent the same amount of time on a real instrument as they did playing these games they could play a REAL instrument and be considered and ACTUAL musician.

It's "deep seated."
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Nov 9, 2009,
Cello Hero?
Bassoon Hero?
Timpani Hero?
Release a Crap Album and then Sue Your Fans for Not Wasting Their Money On It Hero?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I wonder how much bashing is going on at ultimate-turnatbles.com
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
The games have been around for almost 6-7 years, they're not new, it wasn't like it happened overnight:/
Quote by deafening

its ok for wen i just wanna relax. lol.
Quote by mullet1337
Quote by i_killed_bill
Yeah and they could make the controllers out of wood, and maybe put some steel strings on it, and require you to actually strum!

You're a fucking dreamer man...
Quote by archangels666
I believe they've already made a Guitar Hero: Metallica, actually.

Internet high five for picking that up
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Nov 9, 2009,
Am i the only one who finds the whole genre badly designed and just overall crap to play?

Its nothing like real guitar, i can play real guitar of a grade 8 standard, yet i cant play that plastic peice of shit
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Anthony1991
Am i the only one who finds the whole genre badly designed and just overall crap to play?

Its nothing like real guitar, i can play real guitar of a grade 8 standard, yet i cant play that plastic peice of shit

+1.
Quote by mullet1337
Quote by archangels666
Because Guitar Hero 2 made a lot of money.

Any game that makes a crap ton of money unexpectedly will make other companies stop and say "Hey. We could make a game like that. And we could make ours better so we'd make more money off of it."

Such is the world of corporate competition. Have you ever noticed the billions and billions of worthless WWII FPS games? But no one ever seems to complain when a new one comes out every six months.

WWII games have slowed to a halt in the last year or two because people generally got sick of them years ago.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.

This is next.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by deafening

Yeah, let me talk all my friends into devoting years of their lives to learning real instruments so that two years from now we can all play Tom Sawyer in real life.

...Or I could just borrow Rock Band from someone and we could all pretend we just learned it in one night. Which seems easier to you?

Quote by TheBurningFish
Internet high five for picking that up

Well I figured you were aiming for that. It was pretty obvious.

Quote by Anthony1991

People forget that it's still a videogame. If you're bad at video games, you won't be very good at Guitar Hero.

AÆdit:
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
WWII games have slowed to a halt in the last year or two because people generally got sick of them years ago.

I don't know, man. Even the makers of CoD were like "Hey! We just made an amazing modern shooter that sold really well! What should we make next? A WWII sequel? OKAY!"
Last edited by archangels666 at Nov 9, 2009,
How about "flatulent hero" as next release. All you have to do is make a pressure sensetive controller, stick that in your bum-crack and start f*rting in time to the music. In advanced levels you would then have to start changing pitch aswell.
Last edited by jjaw at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by i_killed_bill
Haha you're late (I wasn't the one who beat you though)

... I made that about a year ago.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by footsteps7173
its ok for wen i just wanna relax. lol.

thats fine, but people who can beat every song on expert should try picking up a real guitar...or any other hobby would have more value in the long run.

Then again I may have it out for those people because I suck at guitar hero. :P

but when it comes down to it, I think everyone here could use the time better working on their arpeggiated techniques or their rhythm hand or even jamming with non-virtual peers in a non-virtual manner..

if u dont like my opinion thats fine, but im entitled to it

BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Last edited by deafening at Nov 9, 2009,
Quote by TheBurningFish
Quote by i_killed_bill

You're a fucking dreamer man...

I think he was being sarcastic with the other post about making a guitar hero guitar with more frets, and instead you should go and get a real guitar... If he wasnt being sarcastic then.. nvm..
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
Last edited by KrlzGmz at Nov 9, 2009,
I'm holding out for Hurdy-Gurdy Hero. Eleventh century Puglian tunes are where it's at.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Adam Scott

Argh! I'm raging against a computer game! Argh! Why can't people recognise me as an actual 'musician' rather than some game! Argh! I'm angry because I'm persuing a form of art, and nobody's noticing me for it! Why aren't they feeding my ego?!
Quote by Kyle.E

Argh! I'm raging against a computer game! Argh! Why can't people recognise me as an actual 'musician' rather than some game! Argh! I'm angry because I'm persuing a form of art, and nobody's noticing me for it! Why aren't they feeding my ego?!

Awwh, he's trying to be witty for an internet audience

BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Page 1 of 2