I was just wondering what some people's thoughts were on the best wireless system available. Assume price does not matter and you need to use a wireless (I know there are many who wouldn't go wireless if they had the choice). If you had an unlimited budget for a wireless system, which would you get and why?
Well I heard the Line 6 X2 Rackmount wireless system is pretty good. "just like the cable" some reviewers have raved... it goes for like 300-400 or something ... I dont quite remember.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
The absolute best systems are pretty much custom built and designed to order.

Off the rack, the Shure ULX is probably the winner, it always gets rave reviews, although I've only used the SLX. It works excellent as well.

Sennheiser 1092GTR is also supposed to be tops.

Avoiding the compression of a compander is very important.

You want a couple of key features:
UHF
Auto freq. scanning/selection
-also called:
"frequency agile"
Quote by RULES
Here is a list of threads which are forbidden here.
"Best" threads:
Essentially the same as the Vs. thread; "best" is an adjective which simply can't be applied to gear. It's all subjective. Again, asking what would work best for you within your budget for your styles of music is definitely an acceptable thread.

This is a forbidden thread.

*reported*
^ I'm thinking that applies more to amps, guitars, and effects which are more dependant on the music you play. He's asking what our opinions are on the best wireless system, which are completely neutral to the kind of music you play.

But as far as wireless systems...I have no idea.
Shure ULX is a great system in North America...same with the Samson Airline 77 series.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by WtrPlyr
This is a forbidden thread.

*reported*

It's not a vs. thread. He is looking for the best wireless system money can buy. I hardly think that that rule applies to a thread such as this.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
It's not a vs. thread. He is looking for the best wireless system money can buy. I hardly think that that rule applies to a thread such as this.

I didn't say it's a Vs. thread, I said it's a 'Best' thread, which it is.

I'll let the mods decide.
Quote by WtrPlyr
I didn't say it's a Vs. thread, I said it's a 'Best' thread, which it is.

I'll let the mods decide.

Yes but unlike a guitar, amp, pedal or pickup, wireless systems don't create sound, which is subjective. They just provide connectivity at a level of reliability, which is empirically verifiable, in other words, objective.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm going to check out the systems recommended for off the shelf options.

And WtrPlyr, I don't have "an infinite amount of money", but I do have more than enough to buy any off the shelf system available, which is what I'm looking to do at some point in the very near future, and which is why I started the thread. And considering I got valuable input on the information I needed regarding the topic, I would say it absolutely has a purpose.
Don't buy the Line 6 rackmount. It's made of plastic, and although it may sound good, I dont think it will even work in a year or two. Selling mine this week. Shure/Sennheiser are my picks.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412