i have a pickup related question suppose i take like a gibson sg take out the neck bucker' like completely remove it get a custom pickup to cover the spot where it used to be would it effect the sound of the guitar due to the fact there is a hole in it?
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
It would a very little bit, but not a lot.
Are you planning on putting a single coil in there? Because there are P90's that are the size of a humbucker, and all humbuckers will fill the same cavity.
Quote by Baby Joel
It would a very little bit, but not a lot.
Are you planning on putting a single coil in there? Because there are P90's that are the size of a humbucker, and all humbuckers will fill the same cavity.

i was thinking of removing the neck pickup as a whole covering it and swapping out the bridge for a duncan
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Why would you just remove the neck pickup? There is absolutely no benefit that I can think of for doing that.
Quote by Baby Joel
Why would you just remove the neck pickup? There is absolutely no benefit that I can think of for doing that.

yeh i knw but i dunno it looks better i nvr use the neck pickup and i can strum more aggressively thn
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
i don't think it would make a noticeable difference in sound, not having a pickup there

also you'll effectively have turned the pickup selector into a killswitch
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!