I have a 1960's fender telecaster, cream colored. All original body and electronics. But it has a pan neck. is this neck very rare?????
Quote by Don't Stop
Put a piece of tape on the headstock and write "Gibson" on it.
If done properly, this should quadruple your sustain.

Quote by pitobodies
That post is probably the deepest, wisest, most mature thing to ever spill forth from the Pit.

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
there one on my facebook.... which i cant get on b/c my school has a blocker.... my names Stetsyn Jennings in texas...
Quote by Don't Stop

Quote by pitobodies
That post is probably the deepest, wisest, most mature thing to ever spill forth from the Pit.

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
:/
Wow.

K just a sec.

EDIT: Alright, from what I saw, it looks very normal to me.
Last edited by Baby Joel at Nov 9, 2009,
you can prolly barely see it.... ill get close up pics sometime soon.
Quote by Don't Stop

Quote by pitobodies

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
so its just a really old neck? because fender bought them out quite a while back...
Quote by Don't Stop

Quote by pitobodies

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
Alright, I've done some research.
I don't know why you think Fender bought Pan out, because I can't find that anywhere. What I am finding is that Pan was a Japanese company primarily in the 70's. They just made whatever really. No affiliation with Fender as far as I know.
i meant gibson.... not fender...... sorry
Quote by Don't Stop

Quote by pitobodies

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
Fender bought who out?
And next chance you get post the pictures on photobucket and link them.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
gibson bought pan out, i was just researching, and i accidentally typed in fender.
Quote by Don't Stop

Quote by pitobodies

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
exactly who the **** is Pan?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
exactly who the **** is Pan?

Ditto...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...

???
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall

???

Sorry Sid, but no.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
omg, gibson bought pan so your fake fender is worth a million?!?!?!11
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Dont be an effing douchebag about it, I just want to know how old the neck may be or if anyone else has something similar. because its a pretty nice neck. and pan is a pretty old guitar company that was bought out by gibson quite a while back.
Quote by Don't Stop

Quote by pitobodies

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
Quote by Dimefromhell12
Dont be an effing douchebag about it, I just want to know how old the neck may be or if anyone else has something similar. because its a pretty nice neck. and pan is a pretty old guitar company that was bought out by gibson quite a while back.

Meaning quite a while back, someone probably put the Pan neck on your Tele.

Don't ask an odd question with little info then get mad when people get frustrated.

Why the hell would you think it would matter if you found a Gibson neck on a Tele, that just means someone probably swapped it out.....

If they were bought out in the 70's then no, it probably has very little worth and may be slightly rare.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Nov 10, 2009,
There actually are Pan telecasters, so I bet yours is a full Pan (Not a mix and match, if you get what I mean).
If it were a full Pan then it would have been a better reason to ask instead of just the neck.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls