Sorry for long title guys.

This is my first time in GB&C, but I hope to spend alot of time here if I actually do this.

I've always been a hands on kinds guy, but recetly I want to build my own guitar or modify my first.

Do you think I should try this? I have no experience with wood working...

It wouldn't be a very hard mod, but I want to convert it to hsh too(swimming pool route)

Would you guys help me alot in repapainting and cutting the horns/headstock?
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Changing the pickups is easy. If you can solder, follow directions, and operate a screwdriver. If you are careful and have access to the appropriate tools, then altering the horns and headstock is not hard either. Repainting it will be the most difficult part, but that can be done too.

For wiring tips check out the wiring thread (link in my sig). For painting tips look at the painting thread (also in my sig). Read the first couple of pages of each of those threads, then you can ask specific questions about those things there.

It would also be great if you post a picture of your guitar as it is now, and perhaps draw in where you want to cut so that people can better understand your objective. Good luck!
Quote by cedricsmods
Changing the pickups is easy. If you can solder, follow directions, and operate a screwdriver. If you are careful and have access to the appropriate tools, then altering the horns and headstock is not hard either. Repainting it will be the most difficult part, but that can be done too.

For wiring tips check out the wiring thread (link in my sig). For painting tips look at the painting thread (also in my sig). Read the first couple of pages of each of those threads, then you can ask specific questions about those things there.

It would also be great if you post a picture of your guitar as it is now, and perhaps draw in where you want to cut so that people can better understand your objective. Good luck!

Hey thanks!

I know how to use an iron pretty well, I took electronics and advanced electronics for tv last 2 years, really great that I did! Yeah I'll for sure take some pictures of my starcaster and it's condition(its pretty good looking, minimal buckle rash or other ailments)

I'll check out your siglinks and get back to you

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
define superstrat. do you mean just a double fat strat *hsh* configuration or do you mean adding a floyd too. because that would be the hardest part.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Not a floyd, do not want that hassle, besides a good one costs 200$ish, I want to make it hsh configuration, but take the standard strat horns and sharpen them, along with the headstock

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
the strat headstock is a great starting point for customizing shape. Its pretty large (especially if you have the bigger variation) and the is plenty of unused space you can cut into. The only problem you might find is that the angle of the headstock is shallower than that of say an ESP in case you were trying to replicate that.

R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Last edited by blindsagacity at Nov 9, 2009,
Once I can get onto a real computer I'll show you what headstock I'm aiming for, little brother and his little MMORPG's

It's similar to your posted design, except a less radical angle.

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Check my sig. My mod is basically what you're talking about.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

yeah your mod was what gave me my idea

how did you do the cutting of the horns and headstock?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
I drew it out, then I used a jigsaw, but any saw would do. After that do a lot of smoothing with sandpaper.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Last edited by salsawords at Nov 9, 2009,
for mine i also just used saw and sanding.

bandsaw and spindle sander to be exact.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Quote by blindsagacity
for mine i also just used saw and sanding.

bandsaw and spindle sander to be exact.

Pics?
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

build thread in sig. Not perfectly happy with shape but it looks decent. I have pics of the stage its at now, but no cable to upload them
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Quote by blindsagacity
build thread in sig. Not perfectly happy with shape but it looks decent. I have pics of the stage its at now, but no cable to upload them

Oh that guitar. I thought you were talking about a strat-turned-superstrat mod.
No more spamming TS, I promise.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

lol its no problem i dont care about spam

were the horns difficult?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
The actual cutting took about 10 minutes. The work is in smoothing them. I hand sanded them for probably about four or five hours. A spindle sander would cut that down but I don't have one. You're going to have to sand with a rough grit a lot more than you think you should. Go until it's perfectly shaped before you move up in grits. I made that mistake and had to start over.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

if your open to headstock ideas how about something like the one on jason beckers superstrat its pretty cool imo

http://media.photobucket.com/image/jason%20becker%20signature%20headstock/ParadiseGuitarsUSA/JB-HeadstockJPEG-USE-COLOR-.jpg
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.